Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Healthy youth! YRBSS youth online: comprehensive results. http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/yrbss/QuestYearTable.asp?path=byHT&ByVar=CI&cat=5&quest=508&year=2007&loc=XX. Accessed May 28, 2010.
- Age and gender differences in children's food preferences.Br J Nutr. 2005; 93: 741-746
- Cognitive development and children's perceptions of fruit and vegetables; a qualitative study.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2007; 4: 30
- The Sneaky Chef.Running Press Book Publishers, Philadelphia, PA2007
- Deceptively Delicious.Melcher, New York, NY2007
Severson K. Picky Eaters? They Get It From You. The New York Times. October 10, 2007. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/10/dining/10pick.html?pagewanted=1&sq=jessica%20seinfeld&st=cse&scp=30. Accessed December 1, 2009.
Parker-Pope T. Questioning the Value of “Stealth” Veggies. The New York Times. October 26, 2007. http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/26/questioning-the-value-of-stealth-nutrition/?scp=12&sq=deceptively%20delicious&st=cse. Accessed December 1, 2009.
Bittman M. Eat Your Brownies, er, Veggies. The New York Times. February 11, 2008. http://bitten.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/11/eat-your-brownies-er-veggies/?scp=1&sq=bittman%20hiding%20vegetables&st=cse. Accessed December 1, 2009.
- Sensory suggestiveness and labeling: do soy labels bias taste?.J Sens Stud. 2002; 17: 483-491
- Effects of fast food branding on young children's taste preferences.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2007; 161: 792-797
- Fine as North Dakota wine: sensory expectations and the intake of companion foods.Physiol Behav. 2007; 90: 712-716
Haahr, M. What's the fuss about true randomness? http://www.random.org. Accessed May 28, 2010.
- The importance of exposure for healthy eating in childhood: a review.J Hum Nutr Diet. 2007; 20: 294-301
- Predictors and consequences of food neophobia and pickiness in young girls.J Am Diet Assoc. 2003; 103: 692-698
- Food neophobia and “picky/fussy” eating in children: a review.Appetite. 2008; 50: 181-193
- Genetic and environmental influences on children's food neophobia.Am J Clin Nutr. 2007; 86: 428-433
- How diet and health labels influence taste and satiation.J Food Sci. 2004; 69 (S340–SS34)
- Validation of a youth/adolescent food frequency questionnaire.Prev Med. 1997; 26: 808-816
- Reproducibility and validity of a food frequency questionnaire among fourth to seventh grade inner-city school children: implications of age and day-to-day variation in dietary intake.Public Health Nutr. 1999; 2: 293-300