Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Prevalence of childhood and adult obesity in the United States, 2011-2012.JAMA. 2014; 311: 806-814
Nutrition, physical activity and obesity: data, trends and maps. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://nccd.cdc.gov/NPAO_DTM/Default.aspx. Accessed February 23, 2016.
- Does perception equal reality? Weight misperception in relation to weight-related attitudes and behaviors among overweight and obese US adults.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2011; 8: 20-28
- Trying to lose weight: the association of income and age to weight-loss strategies in the U.S.Am J Prev Med. 2014; 46: 585-592
- Obesity and Socioeconomic Status in Adults: United States, 2005–2008. NCHS data brief no. 50.National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD2010
- Personal weight status classification and health literacy among Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants.J Community Health. 2014; 39: 446-453
- Adaptation and dissemination of an evidence-based obesity prevention intervention: design of a comparative effectiveness trial.Contemp Clin Trials. 2014; 38: 355-360
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Grant Program.Federal Register. 2013; 78: 20411-20422
- Evaluation of a Community Nutrition Intervention to Decrease Hypertension Risk [dissertation].University of Georgia, Athens, GA2009
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. About Adult BMI. http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/adult_bmi/index.html. Accessed April 26, 2015.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Weight history–WHQ. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/nhanes_13_14/WHQ_H.pdf. Accessed February 22, 2016.
- Your chi-square test is statistically significant: now what?.Practical Assessment, Research & Evaluation. 2015; 20
- Food Insecurity and Obesity: Understanding the Connections.Food Research and Action Center, Washington, DC2011
- Neighborhood environments: disparities in access to healthy foods in the U.S.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 36: 74-81
- Availability of recreational resources in minority and low socioeconomic status areas.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 34: 16-22
- Validity of self-reported height, weight, and body mass index: findings from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2001-2016.Prev Chronic Dis. 2009; 6: A121
- Characteristics of Supplemental Nutrition Program households: Fiscal Year 2014.US Dept of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Policy Support, Alexandria, VA2015
- Theory at a Glance: A Guide for Health Promotion Practice.US Dept of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD2005
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors' conflict of interest disclosures can be found online with this article on www.jneb.org.