Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity in the United States, 1999-2004.JAMA. 2006; 295: 1549-1555
- The Surgeon General's Call to Action to Prevent and Decrease Overweight and Obesity.US Department of Health & Human Services, Washington, DC2001
- Law as a tool for preventing chronic diseases: expanding the spectrum of effective public health strategies.Prev Chronic Dis. 2004; 1 (Available at:) (Accessed November 5, 2009): A13
- Patterns of childhood obesity prevention legislation in the United States.Prev Chronic Dis. 2007; 4 (Available at:) (Accessed September 25, 2009): A56
- Preventing childhood obesity through state policy: Legislative predictors of bill enactment.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 34: 333-340
- Correlates of state legislative action to prevent childhood obesity.Obesity. 2007; 16: 162-167
Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Programs. Program announcement 03022 (January 23, 2003). Federal Register Part II Notice, Vol. 68, No 15.
CDC's State-based Nutrition and Physical Activity Program to Prevent Obesity and Other Chronic Diseases. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Web site. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/stateprograms/index.html. Accessed November 5, 2009.
Healthy Youth! Coordinated School Health Program. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Web site. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/CSHP/. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Position of the American Dietetic Association, Society for Nutrition Education, and American School Food Service Association: Nutrition services: an essential component of comprehensive school health programs.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2003; 35: 57-67
- Evaluation of Factors Associated with Development of Nutrition Education Networks. US Department of Agriculture, Alexandria, VA2000
- Evaluation of the South Carolina seniors farmers' market nutrition education program.J Am Diet Assoc. 2003; 103: 880-883
- How social marketing works in health care.BMJ. 2006; 322: 1207-1210