Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Trends in the prevalence of overweight and obesity among young Australians, 1985, 1997, and 2004.Obesity. 2007; 15: 1089-1095
- US adolescent food intake trends from 1965 to 1996.Arch Dis Child. 2000; 83: 18-24
- Dietary Guidelines for Sustainability: twelve years later.J Nutr Educ. 1999; 31: 194-200
- Fruit and vegetable intakes of Australians aged 2-18 years: an evaluation of the 1995 National Nutrition Survey data.Aust NZ J Public Health. 2001; 25: 155-161
- Childhood obesity: modernity's scourge.Med J Aust. 2003; 178: 422-423
- Promoting Healthy Eating for Children—A Planning Guide for Practitioners.Victorian Government Department of Human Services, Melbourne2005
Home Economics Institute of Australia. Home Economics Education in Australia—Understanding Home Economics Education; 1997.
- Psychosocial Predictors of Healthful Dietary Behavior in Adolescents.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2002; 34: 184-193
Reynolds J. Nutrition Education in Schools—the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Strategic Inter-Governmental Nutrition Alliance (SIGNAL); 2005, Issue 16.
- School-based nutrition education—making it work.J Home Econ Inst Aust. 2006; 13: 8-12
- A moveable feast: evidence for school based cooking interventions to improve children's food behaviours and diets.Centre for Food Policy, City University, London, United Kingdom2008 (1-25)
- Vygotsky and the Formation of the Mind.Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA1997
- Eating competence: definition and evidence for the Satter Eating Competence Model.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2007; 39: S142-S153
- Curriculum Corporation. National Nutrition Education in Schools Project: Food and Nutrition in Action.Curriculum Corporation, Melbourne, Victoria1996
- Food choice: a conceptual model of the food choice process.Appetite. 1996; 26: 247-265
- The Ecology of Human Development:Experiments by Nature and Design.Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA1979
- Towards a concept of food-related life style.Appetite. 1993; 21: 151-155
- Basics of Grounded Theory Analysis.Sociology Press, Mill Valley, CA1992
- Qualitative Analysis for Social Scientists.Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom1987
- Checklists for improving rigour in qualitative research: a case of the tail wagging the dog?.BMJ. 2001; 322: 1115-1117
- Grounded theory method: procedures, canons, and evaluative criteria.Qual Sociol. 1990; 13: 3-21
- Qualitative content analysis.Forum: Qual Social Res. 2000; 2 (Art.20.) (Accessed April 22, 2010)
- Qualitative research:standards, challenges and guidelines.Lancet. 2001; 358: 483-488
- Validity, trustworthiness and rigour: quality and the idea of qualitative research.J Adv Nurs. 2006; 53: 304-310
- Qualitative research methods in general practice and primary care.Fam Pract. 1995; 12: 104-114
- Generating best evidence from qualitative research: the role of data analysis.Aust NZ J Public Health. 2007; 31: 545-550
- Nutrition education in junior high schools: incorporating behaviour change strategies in home economics classes.Health Educ Res. 1993; 8: 547-554
- Cooking Up Fun: a youth development strategy.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2006; 38: 321-323
Department for Children, Schools and Families. Licence to Cook Web site. http://www.licencetocook.org.uk. Accessed April 22, 2010
Food Standards Agency. Food competences for young people. Food Standards Agency Web site. http://www.food.gov.uk/healthiereating/nutritionschools/competencies/. Accessed April 22, 2010.
The Focus on Food Campaign. Focus on Food Web site. http://www.focusonfood.org/home.html. Accessed April 22, 2010.
Food Standards Agency. Food and cookery clubs. Food Standards Agency Web site. http://www.food.gov.uk/healthiereating/nutritioncommunity/cookit. Published October 3, 2007. Accessed April 22, 2010.
School Food Trust. Let's Get Cooking Web site. http://www.letsgetcooking.org.uk/Home. Accessed April 22, 2010.
- Assisting Dietary Change in Low-income Communities: Assessing the Impact of a Community-based Practical Food Skills Intervention (CookWell).London, United Kingdom: Food Standards Agency. 2002;
- The Behaviour Change Consortium: setting the stage for a new century of health-behaviour change research.Health Educ Res. 2002; 17: 500-511
- The Cookshop Program: outcome evaluation of a nutrition education program linking lunchroom food experiences with classroom cooking experiences.J Nutr Educ. 1998; 30: 302-313