Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- The WIC Program: Background, Trends, and Economic Issues, 2009 Edition. Economic Research Report Number 73.US Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, Washington, DC2009
- Prenatal WIC participation can reduce low birth weight and newborn medical costs: a cost-benefit analysis of WIC participation in North Carolina.J Am Diet Assoc. 1993; 93: 163-166
- Prenatal WIC participation in relation to low birth weight and Medicaid infant costs in North Carolina—a 1997 update.J Am Diet Assoc. 2001; 101: 997
- Impact of the WIC program on the iron status of infants.Pediatrics. 1985; 75: 100-105
US Department of Agriculture, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion. Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010. http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/Publications/DietaryGuidelines/2010/PolicyDoc/PolicyDoc.pdf. Published December 2010. Accessed March 18, 2013.
- Overweight and obesity in the United States: prevalence and trends, 1960-1994.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1998; 22: 39-47
- Obesity in the United States: a fresh look at its high toll.JAMA. 2003; 289: 229-230
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity in the United States, 1999-2004.JAMA. 2006; 295: 1549-1555
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity among US children, adolescents, and adults, 1999-2002.JAMA. 2004; 291: 2847-2850
US Department of Agriculture, Food & Nutrition Service. Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC): Revisions in the WIC Food Packages - Interim Rule. http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/regspublished/foodpackages-interimrule.htm. Accessed February 28, 2013.
- Feeding Infants and Toddlers Study: characteristics and usual nutrient intake of Hispanic and non-Hispanic infants and toddlers.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: S84-S95
- Feeding Infants and Toddlers Study: improvements needed in meeting infant feeding recommendations.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104: S31-S37
- Commercial baby food consumption and dietary variety in a statewide sample of infants receiving benefits from the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: 1537-1541
- Participants' comments on changes in the revised Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children food packages: the Maryland Food Preference Study.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 116-123
- Favorable impact of a nutrition education campaign on California WIC participants.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2011; 42: S2-S10
- Revised WIC food package improves diets of WIC families.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2012; 44: 204-209
- Mediterranean diet, lifestyle factors, and 10-year mortality in elderly European men and women: the HALE project.JAMA. 2004; 292: 1433-1439