Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Differences in prevalence of obesity among black, white, and Hispanic adults - United States, 2006-2008.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2009; 58: 740-744
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Prevalence and Trends Data: Illinois – 2010 Overweight and Obesity (BMI). http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/BRFSS/race.asp?cat=OB&yr=2010&qkey=4409&state=IL. Accessed March 12, 2013.
The National Hispanic Caucus of State Legislators. Hispanic obesity: an American crisis. 2010 policy brief. Washington, DC: Doyle; 2010.
- 5-A-Day—dietary behavior and the fruit and vegetable intake of latino children.Am J Public Health. 1994; 84: 814-818
- Correlates of fruit and vegetable intakes in US children.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 474-478
- Determinants of fruit and vegetable availability in Hispanic Head Start families with Preschool-aged children living in an Urban Midwestern area.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2010; 42: 299-306
- Anatomy of culturally sensitive interventions promoting nutrition and exercise in Hispanics: a critical examination of existing literature.Health Promot Pract. 2010; 11: 541-554
- Hip-hop to Health Jr for Latino preschool children.Obesity. 2006; 14: 1616-1625
- Longitudinal intervention effects on parenting of the Aventuras Para Niños study.Am J Prev Med. 2010; 38: 154-162
- Vygotsky's Legacy: A Foundation for Research and Practice.Guilford Press, New York, NY2008
- Observing sociocultural activity on three planes: participatory appropriation, guided participation, and apprenticeship.in: Wertsch J.V. del Rio P. Alvarez A. Sociocultural Studies of Mind. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom1995: 139-164
- Cross-cultural Psychology: Research and Applications.2nd ed. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom2002
- Strengthening Family Resilience.2nd ed. Guilford Press, New York, NY2006
United States Department of Agriculture. MyPlate Web site. http://www.choosemyplate.gov. Accessed March 12, 2013.
- Early Childhood Longitudinal Study Birth Cohort (ECLS-B): Longitudinal 8-Month Preschool Restricted-Use Data File (NCES-2008-024).Center for Education Statistics, Institute of Educational Sciences, United States Department of Education, Washington, DC2008
- Development and evaluation of the nutrition component of the Rapid Eating and Activity Assessment for Patients (REAP): a new tool for primary care providers.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2006; 38: 286-292
- 2000 CDC growth charts for the United States: methods and development.Vital Health Stat. 2002; 246: 1-190
- Assessment of child and adolescent overweight and obesity.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: S193-S228
Obesity Education Initiative. Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults: The Evidence Report. NIH publication 98–4083. Washington, DC: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, The National Institute on Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases; 1998.
- Do obese children become obese adults? A review of the literature.Prev Med. 1993; 22: 167-177
- Taxing Caloric Sweetened Beverages: Potential Effects on Beverage Consumption, Calorie Intake, and Obesity. Economic Research Report No. 100.US Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, Washington, DC2010
- Dietary assessment methodology.in: Coulston A.M. Boushey C.J Nutrition in the Prevention and Treatment of Disease. 2nd ed. Academic Press, Boston, MA2008: 3-39