Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
Oliveira V, Frazao E. The WIC Program: Background, Trends, and Economic Issues, 2009 Edition. Economic Research Report No. 73, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service. April 2009.
California WIC Association. WIC Program at a Glance. http://www.calwic.org/about-us/wic-facts-and-figures. Accessed July 23, 2013.
- WIC Food Packages: Time for a Change.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2005
WIC program data. United States Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. http://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/wicmain.htm. Accessed July 19, 2013.
- Client satisfaction with the nutrition education component of the California WIC program.J Nutr Educ. 2001; 33: 83-94
United States Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Research and Analysis. National Survey of WIC Participants II Volumes I–IV. http://www.fns.usda.gov/ora/. Accessed July 23, 2013.
- Favorable impact of nutrition education on California WIC participants.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2010; 42: S2-S10
- Revised WIC food package improves diets of WIC families.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2012; 44: 204-209
PHFE-WIC. WIC Nutrition Education and Food Package Study (NEFPI) Time 3 Survey Instrument. http://www.phfewic.org/projects/files/WIC_Wave3Quex_Eng.pdf. Accessed July 23, 2013.
California WIC Program. WIC Authorized Food List Shopping Guide. http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/wicworks/WIC%20Foods/WICAuthorizedFoodListShoppingGuide-7-5-2011.pdf.pdf. Accessed March 10, 2014.
- Births: final data for 2010.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2012; 61: 1-72
- Small retailer perspectives of the 2009 Women, Infants and Children Program food package changes.Am J Health Behav. 2012; 36: 655-665
Cole N, Hoaglin D, Kirlin J. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food, and Nutrition Service, Office of Analysis Nutrition and Evaluation, National Survey of WIC Participants (2001 Final Report). http://www.fns.usda.gov/ora/menu/published/wic/FILES/WICSurvey.pdf. Accessed July 23, 2013.
- Stocking characteristics and perceived increases in sales among small food store managers/owners associated with the introduction of new food products approved by the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children.Public Health Nutr. 2012; 15: 1771-1779
- Federal nutrition program changes and healthy food availability.Am J Prev Med. 2012; 43: 419-422
The authors have no conflict of interest to report with the sponsor of this supplement article or products discussed in this article.