Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
WIC Program: total participation. Food and Nutrition Service. http://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/26wifypart.htm. Accessed September 23, 2013.
- The WIC Program Background, Trends, and Economic Issues, 2009 Edition, Economic Research Report No. 73.US Department of Agriculture, Washington, DC2009
- WIC Food Packages: Time for a Change, Committee to Review the WIC Food Packages.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2005
US Department of Agriculture. Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC): Revisions in the WIC Food Packages, Interim Rule. In: US Department of Agriculture, ed. Vol. 71 FR 44784. Federal Register.
- Identifying nutritional need for multiple micronutrient interventions.J Nutr. 2012; 142: 166S-172S
- Household food insecurity is a risk factor for iron-deficiency anaemia in a multi-ethnic, low-income sample of infants and toddlers.Public Health Nutr. 2009; 12: 2120-2128
- Feeding Infants and Toddlers Study: characteristics and usual nutrient intake of Hispanic and non-Hispanic infants and toddlers.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: S84-S95
- Zinc and iron deficiency and their interrelations in low-income African American and Hispanic children in Atlanta.Am J Clin Nutr. 2010; 91: 1027-1034
- 25-Hydroxyvitamin D status of healthy, low-income, minority children in Atlanta, Georgia.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: 633-639
2011 National Survey of Children's Health. Data Resource Center for Child and Adolescent Health. http://childhealthdata.org/browse/allstates?q=2415. Accessed September 23, 2013.
Reshaping Texas: Fitnessgram. Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. http://www.reshapingtexas.org/fitnessgram. Accessed March 13, 2013.
- Feeding Infants and Toddlers Study: overview of the study design.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104: s8-s13
- Statistical methods for estimating usual intake of nutrients and foods: a review of the theory.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 1640-1650
- A new statistical method for estimating the usual intake of episodically consumed foods with application to their distribution.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 1575-1587
- Feeding Infants and Toddlers Study (FITS): development of the FITS survey in comparison to other dietary survey methods.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: S12-S27
- Dietary Reference Intakes: Applications in Dietary Assessment.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2000
- Designing Experiments and Analyzing Data: A Model Comparison Perspective.Lawrence Erlbaum, Mahwah, NJ2000
- Overweight among low-income Texas preschoolers aged 2 to 4 years.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2010; 42: 178-184
- Revised WIC food package improves diets of WIC families.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2012; 44: 204-209
- Vitamin D requirements of children: “All my life's a circle.”.Nutr Rev. 2012; 70: 201-206
- Vitamin D deficiency in children and its management: review of current knowledge and recommendations.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: 398-417
- Zinc intake of US preschool children exceeds new dietary reference intakes.Am J Clin Nutr. 2003; 78: 1011-1017
- Voluntary food fortification in the United States: potential for excessive intakes.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2013; 67: 592-597
- Impact of zinc fortification on zinc nutrition.Food Nutr Bull. 2009; 30: 79S-107S
- Zinc supplementation does not alter sensitive biomarkers of copper status in healthy boys.J Nutr. 2013; 143: 284-289
- Dietary Reference Intakes: The Essential Guide to Nutrient Requirements.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2006
- Are low tolerable upper intake levels for vitamin A undermining effective food fortification efforts?.Nutr Rev. 2008; 66: 517-525
- Nutrient intakes of US infants, toddlers, and preschoolers meet or exceed dietary reference intakes.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: S27-S37
- Mothers prefer fresh fruits and vegetables over jarred baby fruits and vegetables in the new Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children Food Package.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2013; 45: 723-727
- Racial/ethnic differences in dietary intake among WIC families prior to food package revisions.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2013; 45: 39-46
- Participant-centered education: building a new WIC nutrition education model.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2010; 42: S39-S46
- Positive influence of the revised Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children food packages on access to healthy foods.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: 850-858
- How to strengthen and enhance WIC nutrition education.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2008; 40: 317-321
- Bunting K. Mills J. Phillips S. Pediatric Nutrition Reference Guide. 9th ed. Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, TX2010
The authors have no conflict of interest to report with the sponsor of this supplement article or products discussed in this article.