Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Need for technological innovation in dietary assessment.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: 48-51
- The effect of electronic self-monitoring on weight loss and dietary intake: a randomized behavioral weight loss trial.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2011; 19: 338-344
- Long-term weight loss maintenance.Am J Clin Nutr. 2005; 82: 222S-225S
- Systematic review of reviews of intervention components associated with increased effectiveness in dietary and physical activity interventions.BMC Pub Health. 2011; 11: 119
- Effectiveness of a website and mobile phone based physical activity and nutrition intervention for middle-aged males: trial protocol and baseline findings of the ManUp Study.BMC Pub Health. 2012; 12: 656
- A review of the use of information and communication technologies for dietary assessment.Br J Nutr. 2009; 101: S102-S112
- Evidence-based development of a mobile telephone food record.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: 74-79
- Accuracy of a PDA-based dietary assessment program.Nutrition. 2005; 21: 672-677
35% of American adults own a smartphone. Pew Internet. http://pewinternet.org/Reports/2011/Smartphones.aspx. Accessed August 26, 2013.
Two-thirds of young adults and those with higher income are smartphone owners. Pew Internet. http://pewinternet.org/Reports/2012/Smartphone-Update-Sept-2012.aspx. Accessed August 26, 2013.
- Advancing the art and science of dietary assessment through technology.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: 52-54
- Using technology to promote self-efficacy for healthy eating in adolescents.J Nurs Scholarsh. 2004; 36: 134-139
- Consumer views on the potential use of mobile phones for the delivery of weight-loss interventions.J Hum Nutr Diet. 2011; 24: 616-619
- Usability and feasibility of PmEB: a mobile phone application for monitoring real time calorice balance.Mobile Netw Appl. 2007; 12: 173-184
- A simple method to assess exercise behavior in the community.Can J Appl Sport Sci. 1985; 10: 141-146
Diabetes—your diabetes diet: exchange list. Mayo Clinic. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diabetes-diet/DA00077. Accessed February 15, 2014.
Dietary Guidelines for Americans. US Department of Agriculture. http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/Publications/DietaryGuidelines/2010/PolicyDoc/ExecSumm.pdf. Accessed February 15, 2014.
- Comparison of predictive equations for resting metabolic rate in healthy nonobese and obese adults: a systematic review.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 775-789
- Adherence to recommendations of the German food pyramid and risk of chronic diseases: results from the EPIC-Potsdam study.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010; 64: 1251-1259
Food database. Healthy Eating Index 2005. http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/HealthyEatingIndexSupportFiles0102.htm. Accessed August 17, 2013.
- Evaluation of the Healthy Eating Index–2005.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 1854-1864
- Integrating technology into standard weight loss treatment: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 105-111
- Using mHealth technology to enhance self-monitoring for weight loss.Am J Prev Med. 2012; 43: 20-26
- Effect of adherence to self-monitoring of diet and physical activity on weight loss in a technology-supported behavioral intervention.Patient Pref Adherence. 2012; 6: 221-226
- Using a personal digital assistant for self-monitoring influences diet quality in comparison to a standard paper record among overweight/obese adults.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 583-588
- Evaluation of the food and nutrient database for dietary studies for use with a mobile telephone food record.J Food Comp Anal. 2011; 24: 1160-1167
- Weight loss—there is an app for that! But does it adhere to evidence-informed practices?.Transl Behav Med. 2011; 1: 1523-1529