Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Tufts-New England Medical Center Evidence-based Practice Center. Breastfeeding and maternal and infant health outcomes in developed countries.Evid Rep Technol Assess. 2007; 153: 1-186
- Factors influencing the composition of the intestinal microbiota in early infancy.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: 511-521
- Early infant feeding and risk of type 1 diabetes mellitus—a nationwide population-based case-control study in pre-school children.Diabetes Metabl Res Rev. 2008; 24: 211-222
- Breastfeeding prevents type 2 diabetes mellitus: but, now and why?.Am J Clin Nutr. 2007; 85: 1436-1437
- American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Nutrition, American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Allergy and Immunology. Effects of early nutritional interventions on the development of atopic disease in infants and children: the role of maternal dietary restriction, breastfeeding, timing of introduction of complementary foods, and hydrolyzed formulas.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: 183-191
- Effect of breastfeeding on risk of celiac disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies.Arch Dis Child. 2006; 91: 39-43
- Policy Statement: breastfeeding and the use of human milk.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: e827-e841
Healthy People 2020: breastfeeding objectives. United States Breastfeeding Committee. http://www.usbreastfeeding.org/LegislationPolicy/FederalPolicies/HealthyPeople2020BreastfeedingObjectives/tabid/120/Default.aspx. Accessed June 8, 2014.
- A summary of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality's evidence report on breastfeeding in developed countries.Breastfeed Med. 2009; 4: S17-S30
Breastfeeding Report Card—United States, 2012. http://www.cdc.gov/breastfeeding/pdf/2012BreastfeedingReportCard.pdf. Accessed June 8, 2014.
Breastfeeding among U.S. children born 2000-2010. CDC National Immunization Survey. http://www.cdc.gov/breastfeeding/data/NIS_data/. Accessed June 8, 2014.
- Factors that influence breastfeeding decision among Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children participants from Central Louisiana.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: 624-627
- Breast-feeding attitudes and behavior among WIC mothers in Texas.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2010; 42: S30-S38
- Interventions in primary care to promote breastfeeding: an evidence review for the US Preventative Services Task Force.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 149: 565-582
WIC food packages. Food and Nutrition Services, US Department of Agriculture. http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/benefitsandservices/foodpkg.htm. Accessed June 8, 2014.
- Impact of peer nutrition on dietary behaviors and health outcomes among Latinos: a systematic literature review.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2008; 40: 208-225
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion. Revised ed.Quill William Morrow, New York, NY1993
- Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness.Penguin Books, London, UK2009
- Problems for clinical judgment: principles of influence in medical practice.CMAJ. 2002; 166: 1680-1684
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard.Broadway Books, New York, NY2010
- Foundations of Thought and Action: A Social Cognitive Theory.Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ1986
- US national breastfeeding monitoring and surveillance: current status and recommendations.J Hum Lact. 2009; 25: 139-150
- The validity and reliability of maternal recall of breastfeeding practice.Nutr Rev. 2005; 63: 103-110
- Using social marketing to encourage teenage mothers to breastfeed.J Social Marketing. 2013; 3: 144-161
- Intention to breastfeed in low-income pregnant women: the role of social support and previous experience.Birth. 1998; 25: 169-174