Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Prevalence of obesity and trends in the distribution of body mass index among US adults, 1999-2010.JAMA. 2012; 307: 491-497
- An ecological perspective on health promotion programs.Health Educ Q. 1988; 15: 351-377
National Cancer Institute, US Department of Health and Human Services. Theory at a Glance: A Guide for Health Promotion Practice. 2nd ed. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, US Dept of Health and Human Services; 2005.
- Nutrition knowledge and food consumption: can nutrition knowledge change food behaviour?.Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2002; 11: S579-S585
- Nutrition knowledge and food intake.Appetite. 2000; 34: 269-275
- Food nutrition label use is associated with demographic, behavioral, and psychosocial factors and dietary intake among African Americans in North Carolina.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 392-402
- Factors influencing consumer dietary health preventative behaviours.BMC Public Health. 2006; 6: 222
- Nutrition knowledge: a mediator between socioeconomic position and diet quality in Australian first-time mothers.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 696-704
- Mother’s nutrition knowledge and children’s dietary intakes.Am Agric Econ. 1999; 81: 373-384
- Young children’s dietary habits and associations with the mothers’ nutrition knowledge and attitudes.Appetite. 2010; 54: 44-51
- Relationship between nutrition knowledge and dietary intake.Br J Nutr. 2014; 111: 1713-1726
- Review and analysis of evaluation measures used in nutrition education intervention research.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2002; 34: 2-25
- Development of a general nutrition knowledge questionnaire for adults.Eur J Clin Nutr. 1999; 53: 298-308
- Reliability and validity of nutrition knowledge, social-psychological factors, and food label use scales from the 1995 Diet and Health Knowledge Survey.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2003; 35: 83-91
- Health Information National Trends Survey 2005 (HINTS 2005): Final Report.National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD2005
- Food and Health Survey: Consumer Attitudes Toward Food, Nutrition, and Health. International Food Information Council Foundation, Washington, DC2008
US Department of Health and Human Services, US Department of Agriculture. Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2005. 6th ed. Washington, DC: US Dept of Health and Human Services, US Dept of Agriculture; 2005.
US Department of Agriculture. MyPyramid. http://choosemyplate.gov/print-materials-ordering/mypyramid-archive.html. Accessed August 30, 2014.
Willis G. Cognitive interviewing: a “how to” guide. http://appliedresearch.cancer.gov/archive/cognitive/interview.pdf. Accessed August 30, 2014.
- A comparison of address-based sampling (ABS) versus random-digit dialing (RDD) for general population surveys.Public Opin Q. 2008; 72: 6-27
- Internet, Mail, and Mixed-Mode Surveys: The Tailored Design Method.3rd ed. Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ2009
- Evaluation and design of nutrition knowledge measures.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2000; 32: 269-277
- Statistics notes: Cronbach’s alpha.BMJ. 1997; 314: 572
- Validation of the General Nutrition Knowledge Questionnaire in an Australian community sample.Nutr Diet. 2008; 65: 72-77
- US Department of Health and Human Services. Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010.7th ed. US Dept of Agriculture and US Dept of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC2010
US Department of Agriculture. MyPlate. http://www.choosemyplate.gov/. Accessed August 30, 2014.