Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Nutrition education: a model for effectiveness a synthesis of research.J Nutr Educ. 1985; 17 (ii–S44)
- Effectiveness of lifestyle interventions in child obesity: systematic review with meta-analysis.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: e1647-e1671
- [Special issue].J Nutr Educ. 1995; 27: 284-286
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Standardized Language Committee. International Dietetics and Nutrition Terminology (IDNT) Reference Manual: Standardized Language for the Nutrition Care Process.4th ed. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Chicago, IL2013
- Interventions to improve diet and weight gain among pregnant adolescents and recommendations for future research.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 1825-1840
- Self-management education for adults with type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis of the effect on glycemic control.Diabetes Care. 2002; 25: 1159-1171
- A meta-analysis of psychoeduational programs for coronary heart disease patients.Health Psychol. 1999; 18: 506-519
- The health impact of worksite nutrition and cholesterol intervention programs.Am J Heal Promot. 1996; 10: 453-470
- Interventions to enhance adherence to dietary advice for preventing and managing chronic diseases in adults.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; 2: CD008722
- Nutrition education: linking research, theory, and practice.Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008; 17: 176-179
- Nutrition Education.2nd ed. Jones and Bartlett Publishers, LLC, Sudbury, MA2011
- Trends and challenges for nutrition education research.J Nutr Educ. 1992; 24: 222-226
- Review of nutrition education research in the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 1998 to 2007.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2008; 40: 331-340
- Changing the diet of America’s children: what works and why?.J Nutr Educ. 1995; 27: 250-260
- State of the evidence regarding behavior change theories and strategies in nutrition counseling to facilitate health and food behavior change.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: 879-891
- What works in prevention: principles of effective prevention programs.Am Psychol. 2003; 58: 449-456
- The relationship between the ability to solve practical nutrition problems in an adult population and piagetian cognitive levels.J Nutr Educ. 1989; 21: 73-81
- The effectiveness of nutrition education and implications for nutrition education policy, programs, and research: a review of research.J Nutr Educ. 1995; 7: 277-418
- State of Nutrition Education & Promotion for Report.(Indianapolis, IN)2009
- WIC Nutrition Services Standards.(Alexandria, VA)2013
- How to make nutrition education more meaningful through facilitated group discussions.J Am Diet Assoc. 1999; 99: 72-76
- Review of evaluation tools used to assess the impact of nutrition education on dietary intake and quality, weight management practices, and physical activity of low-income audiences.J Nutr Educ. 2001; 33: S35-S48
- Nutrition Education: Principles of Sound Evaluation Impact.(Alexandria, VA)2005
- Review and analysis of evaluation measures used in nutrition education intervention research.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2002; 34: 2-25
- Sample size and optimal designs for reliability studies.Stat Med. 1998; 17: 101-110
- Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences.L. Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale, NJ1988: 567
- The Handbook of Psychological Testing.Psychology Press, New York, NY2000: 744
Gateway to Health Communication & Social Marketing Practice. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/healthcommunication/index.html. Accessed February 19, 2015.
The Center for Training and Research Translation Overview. The University of North Carolina Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention. http://www.centertrt.org/?p=interventions_overview. Accessed February 19, 2015.
The Community Guide. The Guide to Community Preventative Services. http://www.thecommunityguide.org. Accessed February 19, 2015.
- Assessing reliability and validity of the GroPromo audit tool for evaluation of grocery store marketing and promotional environments.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2012; 44: 597-603
- Developing and testing a measurement tool for assessing predictors of breakfast consumption based on a health promotion model.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2014; 46: 250-258
- Developing and Assessing Nutrition Education Handouts (DANEH): testing the validity and reliability of the new tool.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; ([published online ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2015.01.010
- What is your nutrition program missing? Finding answers with the Guide for Effective Nutrition Interventions and Education (GENIE).J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 122-130
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors’ conflict of interest disclosures can be found online with this article on www.jneb.org.
A reviewer for this project (Karen Chapman-Novakofski) served on the JNEB staff as Editor-in-Chief. Review of this article was handled, exclusively, by an Associate Editor to minimize conflict of interest.