Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Nutrition recommendations and interventions for diabetes: a position statement of the American Diabetes Association.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: S61-S78
- Care of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: a statement of the American Diabetes Association.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 186-212
- Diet of adolescents with and without diabetes: trading candy for potato chips?.Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 982-987
- Dietary intake among youth with diabetes: the SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth Study.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 689-697
- Dietary adherence and mealtime behaviors in young children with type 1 diabetes on intensive insulin therapy.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 258-262
- Emphasis on carbohydrates may negatively influence dietary patterns in youth with type 1 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: 2174-2176
- The availability and cost of healthier food alternatives.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 30: 38-44
- The cost of US foods as related to their nutritive value.Am J Clin Nutr. 2010; 92: 1181-1188
- The effect of rising food prices on food consumption: systematic review with meta-regression.BMJ. 2013; 346: f3703
- Do healthier foods and diet patterns cost more than less healthy options? A systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ Open. 2013; 3: e004277
- Little variation in diet cost across wide ranges of overall dietary quality among youth with type 1 diabetes.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 433-439
- Nutrient intakes and food patterns of toddlers' lunches and snacks: influence of location.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: S124-S134
- “Big, strong and healthy”: young children’s identification of food and drink that contribute to healthy growth.Appetite. 2013; 71: 163-170
US Department of Agriculture Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion. Thrifty Food Plan. http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/sites/default/files/usda_food_plans_cost_of_food/TFP2006Report.pdf. Accessed April 7, 2015.
- Dietary guidelines for Americans 2005.Government Printing Office, Washington, DC2005
- Four Factor Index of Social Status.Yale University Press, New Haven, CT1975
- What “price” means when buying food: insights from a multisite qualitative study with Black Americans.Am J Public Health. 2013; 103: 516-522
- Consumer food choices: the role of price and pricing strategies.Public Health Nutr. 2011; 14: 2220-2226
- Relative and absolute availability of healthier food and beverage alternatives across communities in the United States.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: 2170-2178
Statista Statistics Portal. Food & Nutrition: Grocery Shopping: U.S. consumers' weekly trips per household 2006-2012. http://www.statista.com/statistics/251728/weekly-number-of-us-grocery-shopping-trips-per-household/. Accessed August 22, 2014.
US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics. Consumer Expenditure Survey. http://www.bls.gov/cex/2013/csxann13.pdf. Accessed April 7, 2015.
- Behavioral intervention to improve calorie intake of children with cystic fibrosis: treatment versus wait list control.J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 1996; 22: 240-253
- Modifying problematic mealtime interactions of children with cystic fibrosis and their parents via behavioral parent training.J Pediatr Psychol. 1994; 19: 751-768
- Pilot study results for a novel behavior plus nutrition intervention for caregivers of young children with type 1 diabetes.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2014; 46: 429-433
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors’ conflict of interest disclosures can be found online with this article on www.jneb.org.