Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
US Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service. America's eating habits: changes and consequences. Agriculture Information Bulletin No. 750. http://www.ers.usda.gov/publications/aib-agricultural-information-bulletin/aib750.aspx. Accessed August 26, 2015.
- Healthy Eating Index–2005 Total and Component Scores for Adults Aged 20 and Over: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2003-2004.National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD2011 (National Health Statistics Reports, No 44)
- Income and race/ethnicity are associated with adherence to food-based dietary guidance among US adults and children.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: 624-635
- Is obesity development associated with dietary sugar intake in the US?.Nutrition. 2012; 28: 1137-1141
- Food and nutrient intakes and their associations with lower BMI in middle-aged US adults: the International Study of Macro-/Micronutrients and Blood Pressure (INTERMAP).Am J Clin Nutr. 2012; 96: 483-491
- Whole grain and fiber consumption are associated with lower body weight measures in US adults: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1999-2004.Nutr Res. 2010; 30: 815-822
- A systematic review of the evidence supporting a causal link between dietary factors and coronary heart disease.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 659-669
- Nutrition knowledge and associated behavior changes in a holistic, short-term nutrition education intervention with low-income women.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2013; 45: 490-498
- A nutrition and physical activity intervention promotes weight loss and enhances diet attitudes in low-income mothers of young children.Nutr Res. 2008; 28: 13-20
Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP). National Institute of Food and Agriculture, US Department of Agriculture. http://nifa.usda.gov/efnep. Accessed April 26, 2015.
National Institute of Food and Agriculture, US Department of Agrculture. FY2013: National EFNEP data. http://nifa.usda.gov/sites/default/files/resource/2013%20National%20Data%20Report_0.pdf. Accessed August 26, 2015.
Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program. Most commonly used adult EFNEP curricula nationwide. https://www2.ag.purdue.edu/programs/hhs/efnep/Pages/Resource-Curricula-Adult.aspx. Accessed August 26, 2015.
National Institute of Food and Agriculture, US Department of Agriculture. The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program policies. http://nifa.usda.gov/efnep. Accessed August 26, 2015.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education Guidance: Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Grant Program. SNAP-Ed Guidance 2015. http://snap.nal.usda.gov/national-snap-ed/snap-ed-plan-guidance-and-templates. Accessed August 26, 2015.
- Competency-based project to review community/public health curricula.Public Health Nurs. 2014; 31: 373-383
- Methodological rigor of quality improvement curricula for physician trainees: a systematic review and recommendations for change.J Assoc Am Med Coll. 2009; 84: 1677-1692
- Nutrition education in the kindergarten curriculum—a content-analysis.J Nutr Ed. 1995; 27: 200-203
- A content analysis of nutrition education curricula used with low-income audiences: implications for questionnaire development.Health Promot Pract. 2013; 14: 534-542
- Evaluation of a new nutrition education curriculum and factors influencing its implementation.J Ext. 2009; 47
- Health and nutrition messages in food advertisements: a comparative content analysis of young and mature Australian women’s magazines.J Nutr Ed. 1996; 28: 313-320
- Content analysis of infant feeding messages in a Canadian women’s magazine, 1945 to 1995.J Nutr Ed. 2000; 32: 196-203
- Content analysis: Review of methods and their applications in nutrition education.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2002; 34: 224-230
US Department of Agriculture. Dietary guidelines for Americans, 2010. http://www.dietaryguidelines.gov. Accessed August 26, 2015.
Agricultural Research Service, US Department of Agriculture. Agricultural Research Service website. http://www.ars.usda.gov/main/main.htm. Accessed August 26, 2015.
National Institute of Food and Agriculture, US Department of Agriculture. EFNEP basics for new coordinators: the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP). http://nifa.usda.gov/efnep. Accessed August 26, 2015.
- Educational Research: Planning, Conducting, and Evaluating Quantitative and Qualitative Research.4th ed. Pearson Publishers, Boston, MA2012
- Best practices for extension curricula review.J Ext. 2011; 49
- Scale Development Theory and Applications.Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA2012
- From Telling to Teaching: A Dialogue Approach to Adult Learning.Learning by Dialogue, North Myrtle Beach, SC2003
- The Adult Learner: A Neglected Species.Gulf Publishing, Houston, TX1984
- The transtheoretical model of health behavior change.Am J Health Promot. 1997; 12: 38-48
- Health promotion by social cognitive means.Health Educ Behav. 2004; 31: 143-164
- Adults as Learners.Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, CA1981
Baker S, Auld G, MacKinnon C, et al. Best practices in nutrition education for low-income audiences. http://snap.nal.usda.gov/snap/CSUBestPractices.pdf. Accessed August 26, 2015.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors' conflict of interest disclosures can be found online with this article on www.jneb.org.