Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Treatment and prevention of obesity—are there critical periods for intervention?.Int J Epidemiol. 2006; 35: 3-9
- The “freshman 5”: a meta-analysis of weight gain in the freshman year of college.J Am Coll Health. 2009; 58: 161-166
- American College Health Association–National College Health Assessment II: Reference Group Executive Summary, fall, 2013.American College Health Association, Hanover, MD2014
- Selected health behaviors that influence college freshman weight change.J Am Coll Health. 2008; 56: 437-444
- A prospective study of weight gain during the college freshman and sophomore years.Prev Med. 2009; 48: 256-261
- Changes in body weight, composition, and shape: a 4-year study of college students.Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2012; 37: 1118-1123
- Weight changes, exercise, and dietary patterns during freshman and sophomore years of college.J Am Coll Health. 2005; 53: 245-251
- Weight maintenance from young adult weight predicts better health outcomes.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2014; 22: 2361-2369
- The efficacy of incentives to motivate continued fitness-center attendance in college first-year students: a randomized controlled trial.J Am Coll Health. 2014; 62: 81-90
- Burn and earn: a randomized controlled trial incentivizing exercise during fall semester for college first-year students.Preve Med. 2013; 56: 197-201
- The contribution of lifestyle factors to socioeconomic differences in obesity in men and women—a population-based study in Sweden.Eur J Epidemiol. 2003; 18: 227-229
- Demographic, socioeconomic and educational aspects of obesity in an adult population.J Natl Med Assoc. 2006; 98: 1313
- The definition of weight maintenance.Int J Obesity. 2006; 30: 391-399
- Validity and reliability of the Block98 food-frequency questionnaire in a sample of Canadian women.Public Health Nutr. 2006; 9: 84-93
- Under-reporting of energy intake from 24-hour dietary recalls in the Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.Osong Public Health Res Perspect. 2014; 5: 85-91
US Department of Agriculture. All About the Vegetable Group. Vol. 20162016. US Dept of Agriculture. https://www.choosemyplate.gov/vegetables. Accessed November 8, 2016.
American Heart Association. American Heart Association Recommendations for Physical Activity in Adults. Vol. 20162015. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/PhysicalActivity/FitnessBasics/American-Heart-Association-Recommendations-for-Physical-Activity-in-Adults_UCM_307976_Article.jsp#.WC9ou9UrKM9. Accessed November 8, 2016.
- Prevalence of childhood and adult obesity in the United States, 2011-2012.JAMA. 2014; 311: 806-814
- Exploring the relationship between education and obesity.OECD J. 2011; 1: 121-159
- Longitudinal trends in obesity in the United States from adolescence to the third decade of life.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010; 18: 1801-1804
- Association of adolescent obesity with risk of severe obesity in adulthood.JAMA. 2010; 304: 2042-2047
- The health consequences of obesity in young adulthood.Curr Obes Rep. 2016; 5: 30-37
- Lifelong doubling of mortality in men entering adult life as obese.Int J Obes (Lond). 2011; 35: 1193-1199
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors' conflict of interest disclosures can be found online with this article on www.jneb.org.