Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Prevalence of childhood and adult obesity in the United States, 2011–2012.JAMA. 2014; 311: 806-814
- Trends in obesity prevalence among children and adolescents in the United States, 1988–1994 through 2013–2014.JAMA. 2016; 315: 2292-2299
Texas Education Agency. Fitness data. www.tea.texas.gov/Texas_Schools/Safe_and_Healthy_Schools/Physical_Fitness_Assessment_Initiative/Fitness_Data. Accessed July 9, 2016.
Texas Department of State Health Services. Best Food For Families, Infants and Toddlers! (Best Food FITS!). http://bestfoodfits.fcs.txstate.edu. Accessed November 10, 2015.
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report: recommended community strategies and measurements to prevent obesity in the United States.Centers Dis Control Prev. 2009; (RR-7): 58
- Incidence of childhood obesity in the United States.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 403-411
- Improving children's menus in community restaurants: Best Food for Families, Infants, and Toddlers (Best Food FITS) intervention, south central Texas, 2010–2014.Prev Chronic Dis. 2014; 11: 1-12
- Overweight and obesity in children and adolescents.J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol. 2014; 6: 129-143
- Learning to eat: birth to age 2 y.Am J Clin Nutr. 2014; 99: 723S-728S
- Food consumption patterns of young preschoolers: are they starting off on the right path?.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: S52-S59
- Vital signs: fruit and vegetable intake among children—United States, 2003-2010.MMWR. 2014; 63: 671-677
Laughlin L. Who's Minding the Kids? Child Care Arrangements: Spring 2011. https://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/p70-135.pdf. Accessed March 15, 2017.
- The role of child care settings in obesity prevention.Futur Child. 2006; 16: 143-168
- Assessment of mealtime environments and nutrition practices in child care centers in Georgia.Child Obes. 2013; 9: 437-445
- Nutrition practices and mealtime environments of North Carolina child care centers.Child Obes. 2012; 8: 216-223
- Nutritional quality of meals compared to snacks in child care.Child Obes. 2013; 9: 223-232
- Predictors of Head Start and child-care providers' healthful and controlling feeding practices with children aged 2 to 5 years.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114: 1396-1403
- Nutrition and physical activity policies and practices in family child care homes.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 37: 537-540
- Nutrition-related knowledge, attitudes, and dietary behaviors among Head Start teachers in Texas: a cross-sectional study.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 558-562
- Nutrition and physical activity randomized control trial in child care centers improves knowledge, policies, and children's body mass index.BMC Public Health. 2014; 14: 215
United States Department of Agriculture. SuperTracker. www.supertracker.usda.gov/foodtracker.aspx. Accessed July 10, 2016.
- Theory at a Glance: A Guide for Health Promotion Practice.U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD2005
- Analysis of repeated measures data with clumping at zero.Stat Methods Med Res. 2002; 11: 345-355
- Managing clustered data using hierarchical linear modeling.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2012; 44: 271-277
- Statistical methods for estimating usual intake of nutrients and foods: a review of the theory.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 1640-1650
- Participation in the child and adult care food program is associated with more nutritious foods and beverages in child care.Child Obes. 2012; 8: 224-229
- Why we (usually) don't have to worry about multiple comparisons.J Res Educ Eff. 2012; 5: 189-211
National Cancer Institute Division of Cancer Control & Population Sciences. HEI tools for researchers. https://epi.grants.cancer.gov/hei/tools.html. Accessed November 30, 2016.
- Nutrition and physical activity in child care: results from an environmental intervention.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 35: 352-356
- A new method for estimating the usual intake of episodically-consumed foods with application to their distribution.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 1575-1587
- Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: interventions for the prevention and teatment of pediatric overweight and obesity.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 1375-1394
- Obesity prevention and obesogenic behavior interventions in child care: a systematic review.Prev Med (Baltim). 2016; 87: 57-69
Planting dates calendar for San Marcos, TX. Farmers' Almanac. http://www.almanac.com/gardening/planting-dates/TX/San+Marcos. Accessed July 7, 2016.
- Effect of a child care center-based obesity prevention program on body mass index and nutrition practices among preschool-aged children.Health Promot Pract. 2014; 15: 1-11
- What role can child-care settings play in obesity prevention? A review of the evidence and call for research efforts.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 1343-1362
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors' conflict of interest disclosures can be found online with this article on www.jneb.org.