Main Outcome Measure
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
US Department of Agriculture. Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) frequently asked questions. http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/frequently-asked-questions-about-wic. Accessed August 4, 2017.
US Department of Agriculture Economic Research Service. WIC program. https://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/food-nutrition-assistance/wic-program.aspx. Accessed August 4, 2017.
- Revised WIC food package and children’s diet quality.Pediatrics. 2016; 137https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2015-3557
- Dietary quality of the US child and adolescent population: trends from 1999 to 2012 and associations with the use of federal nutrition assistance programs.Am J Clin Nutr. 2017; 105: 194-202
- If you build it they will come: satisfaction of WIC participants with online and traditional in-person nutrition education.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2016; 48: 336-342
Au LE, Whaley S, Gurzo K, Rosen NJ, Meza M, Ritchie LD. Evaluation of online and in-person nutrition education related to salt knowledge and behaviors among WIC participants. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2017;117:1384-1395.
- Online and in-person nutrition education improves breakfast knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors: a randomized trial of participants in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016; 116: 490-500
- Reassessing the association between WIC and birth outcomes using a fetuses-at-risk approach.Matern Child Health J. 2017; 21: 825-835
Jacknowitz A, Tiehen L. WIC participation patterns: an investigation of delayed entry and early exit. ERR-109. US Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service. https://www.ers.usda.gov/publications/pub-details/?pubid=44783. August 4, 2017.
- Transitions into and out of the WIC Program: A Cause for Concern?.Soc Serv Rev. 2009; 83: 151-183
- Why do WIC participants fail to pick up their checks? An urban study in the wake of welfare reform.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 477-481
- Barriers to the use of WIC services.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 105: 736-743
- WIC infant food package issuance data are a valid measure of infant feeding practices.J Hum Lact. 2012; 28: 134-138
US Department of Agriculture. Women, Infants, and Children (WIC). Final rule: revisions in the WIC food packages. https://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/fr-030414. Accessed on August, 4, 2017.
California - PHFE WIC Program. WIC Online Nutrition Education. http://www.wiconlineeducation.org/. Accessed August 4, 2017.
WIC Infant and Toddler Feeding Practices Study–2: Infant Year Report. US Dept of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. Alexandria, VA: USDA/FNS. https://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/ops/WIC-ITFPS2-Infant.pdf. Accessed August 4, 2017.
- Accessibility and preferred use of online Web applications among WIC participants with Internet access.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2014; 46: S87-S92
- Use of a mixed-methods approach to evaluate the implementation of retention promotion strategies in the New York State WIC program.Eval Prog Plng. 2017; 63: 7-17
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors' conflict of interest disclosures can be found online with this article on www.jneb.org.