Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
Gregory CA, Coleman-Jensen A. Food Insecurity, Chronic Disease, and Health Among Working-Age Adults. Washington, DC: Economic Research Service, US Department of Agriculture; 2017.
- Food resource management education with SNAP participation improves food security.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2015; 47: 374-378
- SNAP-Ed (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program-Education) increases long-term food security among Indiana households with children in a randomized controlled study.J Nutr. 2016; 146: 2375-2382
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).Updated April. 2018; 25 (Accessed May 8, 2018)
- 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.8th ed. US Department of Agriculture and US Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC2015Accessed May 8, 2018)
- Nutrition content in a national nutrition education program for low-income adults: content analysis and comparison with the 2010 dietary guidelines for Americans.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2015; 47: 566-573
Coombs C, Neid-Avila J. Create Better Health: Food $ense (SNAP-Ed) Adult Nutrition Education Curriculum. Washington, DC: US Department of Agriculture; 2018.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the SNAP-Ed CREATE Curriculum.J NEAFCS. 2017; 12: 137-147
- Creates Curriculum: Essentials in Creating Family Meals.1st ed. Utah State University Extension, Utah2013
US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. SNAPEd Plan Guidance FY 2019, Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Grant Program. Washington, DC: US Department of Agriculture; 2018.
- Health Behavior: Theory, Research, and Practice.5th ed. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, CA2015
Olander C. Nutrition Education and the Role of Dosage. Alexandria, VA: Food and Nutrition Service, US Department of Agriculture; 2007.
- Scale Development: Theory and Applications.4th ed. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA2017
- SNAP-Ed Toolkit, Obesity Prevention Interventions and Evaluation Framework.Updated October 4, 2016. 2016; 4 (Accessed May 8, 2018)
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.