Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- The nature of complex organizations: the case of Cooperative Extension.New Dir Eval. 2008; 120: 5-14
- The role of evaluation in determining the public value of Extension.J Ext. 2014; 52: 4COM3
- Cooperative Extension as a framework for Health Extension: the Michigan State University model.Acad Med. 2017; 92: 1416-1420
- Extension as a delivery system for prevention programming: capacity, barriers, and opportunities.J Ext. 2005; 43: 1FEA1
- Effects of a behavior-based weight management program delivered through a state cooperative extension and local public health department network, North Carolina, 2008-2009.Prev Chronic Dis. 2011; 8: A81
- Formative evaluation of EFNEP curriculum: ensuring the Eating Smart • Being Active curriculum is theory based.J Ext. 2015; 53: 1RIB1
- Perceptions of the role of West Virginia's Cooperative Extension Service in tobacco control coalitions.Front Public Health. 2016; 4: 83
- Extension professionals’ strengths and needs related to nutrition and health programs.J Ext. 2012; 50: 3RIB2
US Department of Agriculture. Agriculture Act of 2014: The Farm Bill.https://www.fsa.usda.gov/programs-and-services/farm-bill/index. Accessed March 2, 2018.
- How to leverage your state's land grant extension system: partnering to promote physical activity.Transl J Am College Sports Med. 2018; 3: 113-118
National Institute of Food and Agriculture. National Framework for Health and Wellness. https://nifa.usda.gov/resource/national-framework-health-and-wellness. Accessed March 2, 2018.
- Research highlights from the status report for Step It Up! The Surgeon General's call to action to promote walking and walkable communities.J Sport Health Sci. 2018; 7: 5-6
- Proportion of adults who identified walking as a US Surgeon general priority.Prev Chronic Dis. 2018; 15: E62
- Prevalence of total daily walking among US adults, 2002-2003.J Phys Act Health. 2008; 5: 337-346
- The effect of walking on fitness, fatness and resting blood pressure: a meta-analysis of randomised, controlled trials.Prev Med. 2007; 44: 377-385
- Physical activity in U.S.: adults’ compliance with the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans.Am J Prev Med. 2011; 40: 454-461
- Adoption decisions and implementation of a community-based physical activity program: a mixed methods study.Health Promot Pract. 2012; 13: 175-182
- Diffusion of Innovations.Free Press of Glencoe, New York, NY1962
- Is Extension relevant for the 21st century?.J Ext. 2004; 42: 6COM2
- Evidence-based Extension.J Ext. 2004; 42: 2FEA2
- Evidence-based programming: what is a process an Extension agent can use to evaluate a program's effectiveness?.J Ext. 2012; 50: 5FEA2
- RE-AIM in clinical, community, and corporate settings: perspectives, strategies, and recommendations to enhance public health impact.Front Public Health. 2018; 6: 71
- The 5 R's: an emerging bold standard for conducting relevant research in a changing world.Ann Fam Med. 2014; 12: 447-455
- Updating, employing, and adapting: a commentary on What does it mean to “employ” the RE-AIM model.Eval Health Prof. 2013; 36: 67-72
- What does it mean to be pragmatic? Pragmatic methods, measures, and models to facilitate research translation.Health Educ Behav. 2013; 40: 257-265
- Pragmatic dissemination and implementation research models, methods and measures and their relevance for nursing research.Nurs Outlook. 2018; 66: 430-455
- How pragmatic is it? Lessons learned using PRECIS and RE-AIM for determining pragmatic characteristics of research.Implement Sci. 2014; 9: 96
- The adaptome: advancing the science of intervention adaptation.Am J Prev Med. 2016; 51: S124-S131
- Improving physical activity program adoption using integrated research-practice partnerships: an effectiveness-implementation trial.Transl Behav Med. 2017; 7: 28-38
- Identifying the core elements of effective community health worker programs: a research agenda.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: 1633-1637
- “Scaling-out” evidence-based interventions to new populations or new health care delivery systems.Implement Sci. 2017; 12: 111
- Evaluating the public health impact of health promotion interventions: the RE-AIM framework.Am J Public Health. 1999; 89: 1322-1327
Teran B, Hongu N. Successful statewide walking program websites. J Ext. 50:1TOT9.
- Getting the word out: new approaches for disseminating public health science.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2018; 24: 102-111
Balis LE, Strayer T, Ramalingam N, Wilson M, Harden SM. Open-access physical activity programs for older adults: a pragmatic and systematic review [published online ahead of print January 10, 2018]. Gerontologist. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/gnx195.
About the Walk With Ease program. arthritis.org. http://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/tools-resources/walk-with-ease/about.php. Accessed March 31, 2018.
- An Extension application of the RE-AIM evaluation framework.J Ext. 2017; 55: 3IAW1
- Beyond evaluation: using the RE-AIM framework for program planning in extension.J Ext. 2019; 57: 2TOT1
- The behaviour change wheel: a new method for characterising and designing behaviour change interventions.Implement Sci. 2011; 6: 42
- Understanding for whom, under what conditions, and how group-based physical activity interventions are successful: a realist review.BMC Public Health. 2015; 15: 958
- Generalizing the findings from group dynamics-based physical activity research to practice settings: what do we know?.Eval Health Prof. 2015; 38: 3-14
- Team building in an exercise setting.Sport Psychol. 1993; 7: 8-18
- Group versus individual approach? A meta-analysis of the effectiveness of interventions to promote physical activity.Sport Exerc Psychol Rev. 2006; 2: 19-35
- Determining the impact of Walk Kansas: applying a team-building approach to community physical activity promotion.Ann Behav Med. 2008; 36: 1-12
- Uptake of evidence-based physical activity programs: comparing perceptions of adopters and nonadopters.Transl Behav Med. 2016; 6: 629-637
- Impact of school-based vegetable garden and physical activity coordinated health interventions on weight status and weight-related behaviors of ethnically diverse, low-income students: study design and baseline data of the Texas, Grow! Eat! Go! (TGEG) cluster-randomized controlled trial.BMC Public Health. 2016; 16: 973
- Using family-focused garden, nutrition, and physical activity programs to reduce childhood obesity: the Texas! Go! Eat! Grow! pilot study.Child Obes. 2015; 11: 707-714
Hornbeck MB. A County Employee Wellness Program Encouraged Increased Physical Activity to Lower Health Care Costs for County Employees.https://landgrantimpacts.org/impacts/article/2213. Accessed January 15, 2019.
Jarvandi S. Tennessee Choices for Better Health (2015). https://landgrantimpacts.org/impacts/article/1809. Accessed January 15, 2019.
- The RE-AIM framework: a systematic review of use over time.Am J Public Health. 2013; 103: e38-e46
- What does it mean to “employ” the RE-AIM model?.Eval Health Prof. 2013; 36: 44-66
- Pragmatic applications of RE-AIM for health care initiatives in community and clinical settings.Prev Chronic Dis. 2018; 15170271
- Preventing chronic disease: celebrating contributions and defining future directions.Prev Chronic Dis. 2017; 14: E13
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Preventing chronic disease: Implementation Evaluation Checklist.https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/for_reviewers/checklists/imp_eval.htm. Accessed December 20, 2018.
- An overview of evidence-based program registers (EBPRs) for behavioral health.Eval Program Plann. 2015; 48: 92-99
Research-Tested Intervention Programs. https://rtips.cancer.gov/rtips/index.do. Accessed March 30, 2018.
- The “Walking for Wellbeing in the West” randomised controlled trial of a pedometer-based walking programme in combination with physical activity consultation with 12 month follow-up: rationale and study design.BMC Public Health. 2008; 8: 259
- The effect of disseminating evidence-based interventions that promote physical activity to health departments.Am J Public Health. 2007; 97: 1900-1907
- Fostering implementation of health services research findings into practice: a consolidated framework for advancing implementation science.Implement Sci. 2009; 4: 50
- Factors influencing the adoption of an innovation: an examination of the uptake of the Canadian Heart Health Kit (HHK).Implement Sci. 2008; 3: 41
- Advances in knowledge brokering in the agricultural sector: towards innovation system facilitation.IDS Bull. 2012; 43: 53-60
- Program manager perspectives on the service system to meet the needs of youth with concurrent disorders: findings from a Canadian national survey.BMC Health Serv Res. 2015; 15: 393
- Organizational change management for health equity: perspectives from the Disparities Leadership Program.Health Aff (Millwood). 2017; 36: 1095-1101
- Pragmatic applications of RE-AIM for health care initiatives in community and clinical settings.Prev Chronic Dis. 2018; 15: E02
- Roadmap for a participatory research-practice partnership to implement evidence.Worldviews Evid Based Nurs. 2012; 9: 210-220
- Fidelity versus flexibility: translating evidence-based research into practice.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 35: S381-S389
- Complex interventions: how “out of control” can a randomised controlled trial be?.BMJ. 2004; 328: 1561-1563
- FitAware.in: Mark G Fussell S Channeling group dynamics strategies with smartwatches in a physical activity intervention. In: Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems. ACM, New York, NY2017: 2551-2559
- Why null results do not mean no results: negative findings have implications for policy, practice, and research.Transl Behav Med. 2017; 7: 137
- Towards understanding the de-adoption of low-value clinical practices: a scoping review.BMC Med. 2015; 13: 255
- On the undiffusion of established practices.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 809-811
- Operationalizing the RE-AIM framework to evaluate the impact of multi-sector partnerships.Implement Sci. 2014; 9: 74
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.