Phenomenon of Interest
Conclusion and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
Centering Healthcare Institute. Improving health by transforming care. https://www.centeringhealthcare.org. Accessed December 4, 2018.
Centering Healthcare Institute. Centering Healthcare Institute expansion announcement. https://www.centeringhealthcare.org/about/chi-expansion-announcement. Accessed December 4, 2018.
Centering Healthcare Institute. Centering site locations. https://centeringhealthcare.secure.force.com/WebPortal/LocateCenteringSitePage. Accessed December 4, 2018.
- Well baby group care: evaluation of a promising intervention for primary obesity prevention in toddlers.Child Obes. 2016; 12: 171-178
- Compliance with well-child visit recommendations: evidence from the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey, 2000–2002.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: e1766-e1778
- The health care provider's role and patient compliance to health promotion advice from the user's perspective: analysis of the 2006 National Health Interview Survey data.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2010; 33: 413-418
- CenteringParenting: an innovative dyad model for group mother‐infant care.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2013; 58: 683-689
- Health supervision visits of very young children: time addressing 3 key topics.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2009; 48: 931-938
- Postpartum maternal health care in the United States: a critical review.J Perinat Educ. 2006; 15: 34-42
- What the evidence shows about patient activation: better health outcomes and care experiences; fewer data on costs.Health Aff Proj Hope. 2013; 32: 207-214
- BMI at 4years of age is associated with previous and current protein intake and with paternal BMI.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010; 64: 138-145
- Prevalence of obesity and severe obesity in US children, 1999–2016.Pediatrics. February 2018; 142
- Trends in BMI and obesity in U.S. women of childbearing age during the period of 1980–2010.Health Syst. 2014; 4: 176-186
- Association between weight gain during pregnancy and postpartum weight retention and obesity: a bias-adjusted meta-analysis.Nutr Rev. 2013; 71: 343-352
MacMillan Uribe AL, Olson BH. Exploring healthy eating and exercise behaviors among low-income breastfeeding mothers J Hum Lact. 2019;35:59–70.
- The role of food parenting skills and the home food environment in children's weight gain and obesity.Curr Obes Rep. 2015; 4: 30-36
- Obesity prevention in preschool Native-American children: a pilot study using home visiting.Obes Res. 2003; 11: 606-611
- First Steps for Mommy and Me: a pilot intervention to improve nutrition and physical activity behaviors of postpartum mothers and their infants.Matern Child Health J. 2011; 15: 1217-1227
- Recruitment challenges and enrollment observations from a community based intervention (Mothers in Motion) for low-income overweight and obese women.Contemp Clin Trials Commun. 2017; 5: 26-33
- Making sense of implementation theories, models and frameworks.Implement Sci. 2015; 10: 53
- Centering Parenting: pilot implementation of a group model for teaching family medicine residents well-child care.Perm J. 2011; 15: 40-41
- The behaviour change wheel: a new method for characterising and designing behaviour change interventions.Implement Sci. 2011; 6: 42
- Psychometric Methods.Guilford Press, New York, NY2017
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, All DFM Clinics Panel Demographic Report. Madison, WI2014
- The impact of introducing Centering Pregnancy in a community health setting: a qualitative study of experiences and perspectives of health center clinical and support staff.Matern Child Health J. 2017; 21: 1327-1335
Given L. The Sage Encyclopedia of Qualitative Research Methods. Los Angeles, CA: Sage.
- Reflexivity and the practice of qualitative research..The Sage Handbook of Qualitative Data Analysis. Sage Publications Ltd, London, UK2014: 109-122
- Individual interviews and focus groups in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a comparison of two qualitative methods.Qual Life Res. 2012; 21: 359-370
- Three approaches to qualitative content analysis.Qual Health Res. 2005; 15: 1277-1288
University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics. Family medicine. https://www.uwhealth.org/family-doctor/family-medicine/10367. Accessed September 26, 2018.
- Women's clinical preventive services in the United States: who is doing what?.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 1512-1514
- Current attitudes and practices of obesity counselling by health care providers.Obes Res Clin Pract. 2017; 11: 352-359
- Delivery of well-child care: a look inside the door.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 18-26
- Brief primary care obesity interventions: a meta-analysis.Pediatrics. 2016; 138e20160149
- The need to advance nutrition education in the training of health care professionals and recommended research to evaluate implementation and effectiveness.Am J Clin Nutr. 2014; 99: 1153S-1166S
- Breastfeeding knowledge, attitudes, and practices among providers in a medical home.Breastfeed Med. 2009; 4: 31-42
- From sick care to health care—Reengineering prevention into the U.S. system.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 889-891
- Factors that positively influence breastfeeding duration to 6 months: a literature review.Women Birth. 2010; 23: 135-145
- Women's experiences of group prenatalcare.Qual Health Res. 2011; 21: 97-116
- Professional identity formation in medical education for humanistic, resilient physicians: pedagogic strategies for bridging theory to practice.Acad Med. 2015; 90: 753
- Future of family medicine.Can Fam Physician. 2014; 60: 409-412
- Effectiveness of community-based interventions to increase fruit and vegetable consumption.J Nutr Educ. 2000; 32: 341-352
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.