Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
US Department of Agriculture. Extension. https://nifa.usda.gov/extension. Accessed April 17, 2019.
Battelle. 2015 Battelle Study: analysis of the value of Family & Consumer Sciences Extension in the North Central Region. Columbus, OH: Battelle; 2015.http://www.nccea.org/multistate-activities/fcs-battelle-report-2015/. Accessed July 5, 2018.
- Taking the University to the People: Seventy-Five Years of Cooperative Extension.Purdue University Press, West Lafayette, IN2002
Braun B, Bruns K, Cronk L, et al. Cooperative Extension's National Framework for Health and Wellness. http://www.aplu.org/members/commissions/food-environment-and-renewable-resources/CFERR_Library/national-framework-for-health-and-wellness/file. Accessed May 6, 2019.
- “Scaling-out” evidence-based interventions to new populations or new health care delivery systems.Implementation Sci. 2017; 12: 111
- Beginning with the end in mind: contextual considerations for scaling-out a community-based intervention.Front Public Health. 2018; 6: 357
- Walk this way: our perspectives on challenges and opportunities for Extension statewide walking promotion programs.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2019; 51: 636-643
- Open-access physical activity programs for older adults: a pragmatic and systematic review.Gerontologist. 2019; 59: e268-e278
- Using pre- and post-survey instruments in interventions: determining the random response benchmark and its implications for measuring effectiveness.Public Health Nutr. 2018; 21: 1043-1047
- Evaluating the public health impact of health promotion interventions: the RE-AIM framework.Am J Public Health. 1999; 9: 1322-1327
- Beyond evaluation: using the RE-AIM framework for program planning in Extension.J Ext. 2019; 57: 2TOT1
- An Extension application of the RE-AIM evaluation framework.J Ext. 2017; 55: 3IAW1
National 4-H Council. What is 4-H?https://4-h.org/about/what-is-4-h/. Accessed April 17, 2019.
- 4-H and FFA livestock projects: life skills gained and knowledge learned.J Youth Dev. 2007; 2: 1-9
- The impact of the 4-H program on Nevada public school youth.J Ext. 2009; 47: 3RIB3
- Does 4-H camp influence life skill and leadership development?.J Ext. 2007; 45: 4FEA4
- Moving beyond the program: incorporating healthy living behaviors throughout 4-H.J Ext. 2014; 52: 4COM2
- Engaging stakeholders from volunteer-led out-of-school time programs in the dissemination of guiding principles for healthy snacking and physical activity.Prev Chronic Dis. 2015; 12: E225
- Dissemination of healthy kids out of school principles for obesity prevention: a RE-AIM analysis.Prev Med. 2019; 119: 37-43
- Bridging the gap: translating research into policy and practice.Prev Med. 2009; 49: 313-315
- The nature of complex organizations: the case of Cooperative Extension.New Dir Eval. 2008; 12: 5-14
Strayer T III, Balis LE, Harden SM.Partnering for successful dissemination: how to improve public health with the National Cooperative Extension System [published online ahead of print June 4, 2019]. J Public Health Manag Pract. https://doi.org/10.1097/PHH.0000000000001025.
- Implementation strategies: recommendations for specifying and reporting.Implement Sci. 2013; 8: 139
- A compilation of strategies for implementing clinical innovations in health and mental health.Med Care Res Rev. 2013; 69: 123-157
- Improving physical activity program adoption using integrated research–practice partnerships: an effectiveness-implementation trial.Transl Behav Med. 2017; 7: 28-38
- Informed adaptations of a strength-training program through a research–practice partnership.Front Public Health. 2018; 6: 58
- Uptake of evidence-based physical activity programs: comparing perceptions of adopters and nonadopters.Transl Behav Med. 2016; 6: 629-637
- Use of an integrated research-practice partnership to improve outcomes of a community-based strength-training intervention for older adults: reach and effect of Lifelong Improvements through Fitness Together (LIFT).Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018; 15: E237
- What does it mean to be pragmatic? Pragmatic methods, measures, and models to facilitate research translation.Health Educ Behav. 2013; 40: 257-265
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.