Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
US Department of Agriculture. A short history of SNAP. 2018. https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/short-history-snap. Accessed March 8, 2019.
US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) plan guidance federal fiscal year 2019. Washington, DC: US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service; 2018.https://snaped.fns.usda.gov/snap/Guidance/FY2019SNAPEd-PlanGuidanceFULL.pdf. Accessed March 8, 2019.
Gleason S, Wolford B, Wilkin M, et al. Analysis of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) data for All States Study (Summary). Washington, DC: US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service; 2018.https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/ops/SNAPED-Data-AllStates-Summary.pdf. Accessed March 8, 2019.
Cornell University. PSE training: making the healthy choice the easy choice. Food and Nutrition Education inCommunities. https://fnec.cornell.edu/home/pse-training/. Accessed March 8, 2019.
De Marco M, Chipman H, Naja-Reise A, et al. Measurement of policy systems and environmental change in EFNEP and SNAP-Ed programs. Presented at: Southern Regional Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Center of Excellence, Chapel Hill, NC. 2016.https://snapedtoolkit.org/app/uploads/measurement-of-policy-systems-environmental-change.pdf. Accessed March 8, 2019.
Southern Regional Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Center of Excellence. PSE change – creating healthy local places. https://psechange.org/. Accessed March 8, 2019.
Franck K. 2016 Delphi Study Summary: Barriers, Facilitators, and training needs for successful PSE implementation in SNAP-Ed and EFNEP. 2016.https://snapedpse.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/RNECE-PSE-Delphi-summary-2016.pdf. Accessed March 8, 2019.
- Understanding and addressing barriers to implementation of environmental and policy interventions to support physical activity and healthy eating in rural communities.J Rural Health. 2013; 29: 97-105
- Understanding barriers to fruit and vegetable consumption among low-income individuals: a qualitative study.Prev Chronic Dis. 2013; 10: 1202-1206
- Radical Constructivism: A Way of Knowing and Learning.The Falmer Press, London1995
- Beyond constructivism: the progressive research programme into learning science.Stud Sci Educ. 2006; 10: 125-184
- Exploring student learning from a constructivist perspective in diverse educational contexts.J Turk Sci Educ. 2008; 5: 2-21
- Promoting school mental health competencies: exploring the utility of decision cases for pre-service learning.Adv Sch Ment Health Promot. 2015; 8: 104-120
Merseth KK. Cases, case methods, and the professional development of educators. ERIC Digest. 1994.https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED401272.pdf. Accessed July 10, 2019.
- Case Study Research and Applications: Design and Methods.Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA2017
- Interpretive case studies in IS research: nature and method.Eur J Inf Syst. 1995; 4: 74-81
- Constructivist, problem-based learning does work: a meta-analysis of curricular comparisons involving a single medical school.Educ Psychol. 2009; 44: 227-249
- Using the decision case method to teach legislative policy advocacy.J Teach Soc Work. 2007; 27: 37-59
- Case study in the contemporary world of research: using notions of purpose, place, process and product to develop some principles for practice.Int J Soc Res Methodol. 2000; 3: 49-61
- Decision Cases for Advanced Social Work Practice: Thinking Like a Social Worker.Thomson Brooks/Cole, Belmont, CA2006
Minnesota Agricultural Experiment Station. Principles for transitioning to organic farming: e-learning materials and decision case studies for educators.https://www.maes.umn.edu/sheaffer13-g27. Accessed March 8, 2019.
- The Discovery of Grounded Theory: Strategies for Qualitative Research.Aldine Publishing Co, New York, NY1967
- Qualitative case study methodology: study design and implementation for novice researchers.Qual Rep. 2008; 13: 544-559
- The learning curve: the advantages and disadvantages in the use of focus groups as a method of data collection.Nurse Res. 2004; 11: 79-88
- Focus Groups: A Practical Guide for Applied Research.4th ed. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA2009
- Qualitative research: introducing focus groups.BMJ. 1995; 311: 299-302
- The focus group as a tool for health research: issues in design and analysis.Health Transit Rev. 1994; 4: 63-79
- Focus Groups: Theory and Practice.Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA2007
- Cognitive Interviewing: A Tool for Improving Questionnaire Design.Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA2004
Dollah S, Abduh A, Rosmaladewi M. Benefits and drawbacks of NVivo QSR application. Presented at: The 2nd International Conference on Education, Science, and Technology. 2017.https://www.atlantis-press.com/proceedings/icest-17/25884907. Accessed March 8, 2019.
- Qualitative Evaluation and Research Methods.4th ed. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA2015
- Naturalistic Inquiry.Sage, Newbury Park, CA1985
- Case study instruction in teacher education: opportunity to develop students’ critical thinking, school smarts and decision making.Educ. 2008; 128: 523-541
- Linking theory to practice: a case-based approach in teacher education.Procedia Soc Behav Sci. 2014; 123: 280-288
- The Case for Cases in Teacher Education.American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, Washington, DC1991https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED329541.pdfDate accessed: July 10, 2019
- Decision-making under uncertainty: using case studies for teaching strategies in complex environments.J Mil Strateg Stud. 2011; 13: 1-21
- After the Fire.in: Swinton SM Teaching and Learning With Cases: Promoting Active Learning in Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources Education. College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI1995: 144-157
- Teaching and Learning With Cases.Chatham House Publishers, New York, NY1999
- Engaging nursing students and community partners in the development of decision cases.J Nurs Educ. 2010; 49: 346-350
- Open-ended cases in agroecology: farming and food systems in the Nordic Region and the US Midwest.J Agric Educ Ext. 2009; 15: 385-400
- Evaluation of a decision case approach to food biotechnology education at the secondary level.J Nutr Educ. 2003; 28: 33-38
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.