Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior. Section 14.9 Position Paper Development, Review and Approval Process. In: SNEB Policies and Procedures Manual. Indianapolis, IN: Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior; 2010.
- Position of the Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior: the importance of including environmental sustainability in dietary guidance.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2019; 51: 3-15
United Nations World Commission on Environment and Development, ed. Report of the World Commission on Environment and Development: Our Common Future. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1987.
United Nations General Assembly. Transforming our world: the 2030 agenda for sustainable development. Resolution 70/1. September 25, 2015.https://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/migration/generalassembly/docs/globalcompact/A_RES_70_1_E.pdf. Accessed December 25, 2019.
- Tracking progress of the 2020 climate turning point. Working Paper.Washington, DC: World Resources Institute, 2019
- Community health and socioeconomic issues surrounding concentrated animal feeding operations.Environ Health Perspect. 2007; 115: 317-320
- CAFOs and environmentaljustice: the case of North Carolina.Environ Health Perspect. 2013; 121: a182-a189
- Technology, labor wars, and producer dynamics: explaining consolidation in beefpacking.Am J Agric Econ. 2005; 87: 1020-1033
- The expansion of large-scale hog farming in Iowa: the applicability of Goldschmidt's findings fifty years later.Hum Organ. 1996; 55: 411-415
Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future. Nation's leading public health organization urges halt to all new and expanding CAFOs.https://clf.jhsph.edu/about-us/news/news-2019/nations- leading-public-health-organization-urges-halt-all-new-and-expanding?utm_source=FERN+Newsletter+Service&utm_campaign=ff69bc78a4-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_11_19_01_41&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c95f7f9b8b-ff69bc78a4-120523609. Accessed November 21, 2019.
American Public Health Association. New public health policy statements adopted at APHA 2019. Moratorium on concentrated animal feeding operations.https://www.apha.org/news-and-media/news-releases/apha-news-releases/2019/policy-statements-adopted-at-apha-2019. Accessed November 20, 2019.
US Department of Agriculture. Welcome to MyPlate. www.ChooseMyPlate.gov. Accessed November 19, 2019.
- NOVA. The star shines bright.World Nutr. 2016; 7: 28-38
- Meat - A Benign Extravagance.Chelsea Green Publishing, White River Junction, VT2010
- Food in the Anthropocene: the EAT-Lancet Commission on healthy diets from sustainable food systems.Lancet. 2019; 393: 447-492
- Carrying capacity of US agricultural land: ten diet scenarios.Elementa. 2016; 4: 116
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.