Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Physical activity across the curriculum (PAAC): a randomized controlled trial to promote physical activity and diminish overweight and obesity in elementary school children.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 49: 336-341
- Physical activity across the curriculum: year one process evaluation results.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2008; 5: 36
- Teachers as role models in solving childhood obesity.J Pediatr Biochem. 2013; 03: 055-060
- Collective teacher efficacy: its meaning, measure, and impact on student achievement.Am Educ Res J. 2000; 37: 479-507
- Developing collective classroom efficacy: the teacher's role as community organizer.J Teach Educ. 2011; 62: 93-105
- Reconsidering Maslow: the role of the school health policy in a holistic approach to child health and wellness.J Educ Soc Policy. 2018; 5: 9-19
- School health reform: investigating the role of teachers.J Child Nutr Manag. 2012; 36
- Improving nutrition education in U.S. Elementary schools: challenges and opportunities.J Educ Pract. 2015; 6: 41-50
Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, Pub. L. No. 111-296, 124 Stat. 3183 (2010). https://www.fns.usda.gov/school-meals/healthy-hunger-free-kids-act. Accessed January 2, 2020.
Every Student Succeeds Act, Pub. L. No. 114-95, 129 Stat. 1802 (2015).https://www.ed.gov/essa?src=rn. Accessed January 2, 2020.
No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, Pub. L. No. 107-110, 115 Stat. 1425 (2002).https://www2.ed.gov/nclb/landing.jhtml. Accessed January 2, 2020.
- Health literacy: A national priority.J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21: 803
Child Nutrition and WIC Reauthorization Act of 2004, Pub. L. No. 108-265, 118 Stat. 729 (2004).https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/PLAW-108publ265/pdf/PLAW-108publ265.pdf. Accessed January 6, 2020.
- Healthier students are better learners: a missing link in school reforms to close the achievement gap.J Sch Health. 2011; 81: 593-598
- A community-academic partnership to promote student health and education outcomes.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2013; 24: 97-102
- An ecological perspective on health promotion programs.Health Educ Q. 1988; 15: 351-377
- Creating healthy food and eating environments: policy and environmental approaches.Annu Rev Public Health. 2008; 29: 253-272
- Audit and Verification of Student Enrollment for the 2017–18 School Year.Office of the State Superintendent of Education, Washington, DC2018https://osse.dc.gov/page/2017-18-school-year-enrollment-audit-report-and-dataDate accessed: January 2, 2020
- District of Columbia 2016–2017 Equity Report.Office of the State Superintendent of Education, Washington, DC2017Accessed January 2, 2020)
Office of the State Superintendent of Education. National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Washington, DC: Office of the State Superintendent of Education; 2017.https://osse.dc.gov/service/national-school-lunch-program-nslp. Accessed January 2, 2020.
Data Resource Center for Child & Adolescent Health. The child and adolescent health measurement initiative. 2016–2017 National Survey of Children's Health (NSCH). 2017. https://www.childhealthdata.org. Accessed January 2, 2020.
US Census Bureau. Census profile: Ward 7, DC. Census Reporter.https://censusreporter.org/profiles/61000US11007-ward-7-dc/. Accessed March 8, 2019.
US Census Bureau. Census profile: Ward 8, DC. Census Reporter.https://censusreporter.org/profiles/61000US11008-ward-8-dc/. Accessed March 8, 2019.
Food and Nutrition Service, US Department of Agriculture. Application, eligibility and certification of children for free and reduced price meals and free milk. 7 CFR 245.6(b)(1)(v).https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CFR-2013-title7-vol4/pdf/CFR-2013-title7-vol4-sec245-6.pdf. Accessed January 8, 2020.
- Validity and reliability of a nutrition knowledge survey for assessment in elementary school children.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2010; 110: 452-456
- Evaluation of a school-based multicomponent nutrition education program to improve young children's fruit and vegetable consumption.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2010; 44: 310-318
- How should research contribute to instructional improvement? The case of lesson study.Educ Res. 2006; 35: 3-14
- Fidelity criteria: development, measurement, and validation.Am J Eval. 2003; 24: 315-340
Brigham Young University. Data collection. The veggie project. https://veggieproject.byu.edu. Accessed March 6, 2019.
- Reliability and accuracy of real-time visualization techniques for measuring school cafeteria tray waste: validating the quarter-waste method.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114: 470-474
- Multilevel modeling myths.Sch Psychol Q. 2018; 33: 492-499
- Prevalence of obesity among adults and youth: United States, 2015–2016.NCHS Data Brief. 2017; 288: 1-8
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.