Main Outcome Measure
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
US Department of Agriculture. WIC program participation and costs. Washington, DC: US Department of Agriculture; 2019. https://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/pd/wisummary.pdf. Accessed March 6, 2019.
Thorn B, Kline N, Tadler C, et al. WIC Participant and Program Characteristics 2016. Alexandria, VA: US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service; 2016. https://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/wic-participant-and-program-characteristics-2016. Accessed March 6, 2019.
Jacknowitz A, Tiehen L. WIC participation patterns: an investigation of delayed entry and early exit. 2010. ERR-109. US Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.https://www.ers.usda.gov/publications/pub-details/?pubid=44783. Accessed March 6, 2019.
- Why do WIC participants fail to pick up their checks? An urban study in the wake of welfare reform.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 477-481
- Barriers to the use of WIC services.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 105: 736-743
- Transitions into and out of the WIC program: a cause for concern?.Soc Serv Rev. 2009; 83: 151-183
- Breastfeeding is associated with higher retention on WIC after age one.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2017; 49: 810-816
US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. 2016 WIC special project grants. Alexandria, VA: Food and Nutrition Service, US Department of Agriculture; 2016.https://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/2016-wic-special-project-grants. Accessed March 6, 2019.
- Summary of WIC state agency strategies for increasing child retention.Washington, DC: US Department of Agriculture, 2014https://wicworks.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media/document/ChildRetentionStrategiesReport.pdfDate accessed: August 23, 2019
- WIC Infant and Toddler Feeding Practices Study– 2: Second Year Report.Food and Nutrition Service, US Department of Agriculture, Alexandria, VA2018
- WIC Infant and Toddler Feeding Practices Study 2: Infant Year Report.US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Policy Support, Alexandria, VA2017
- Assessment of client satisfaction in six urban WIC clinics.Fla Public Health Rev. 2006; 3: 35-42
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).Revisions in the WIC Food Packages, 2014 (Final rule. 7 C.F.R. § 246)
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.