Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- The Health Literacy of America's Adults: Results From the 2003 National Assessment of Adult Literacy (NCES 2006-483).US Department of Education, National Center For Education Statistics, Washington, DC2006
- Health literacy: towards system level solutions.BMJ. 2015; 350: h1026
- Considering children and health literacy: a theoretical approach.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: S282-S288
- Examining health literacy disparities in the United States: a third look at the National Assessment of Adult Literacy (NAAL).BMC Public Health. 2016; 16: 975
- Quantifying health literacy and eHealth literacy using existing instruments and browser-based software for tracking online health information seeking behavior.Comput Hum Behav. 2017; 69: 256-267
Fox S, Raine L.The web at 25 in the U.S. The overall verdict: the internet has been a plus for society and an especially good thing for individual users.http://www.pewinternet.org/2014/02/25/the-web-at-25-in-the-u-s. Accessed February 3, 2020.
- Student Access to Digital Learning Resources Outside of the Classroom (NCES 2017-098).National Center for Education Statistics, Washington, DC2018
- Direct observation of searching for online health information: a systematic review of current evidence.Am J Health Stud. 2016; 31: 222-232
- The impact of search engine selection and sorting criteria on vaccination beliefs and attitudes: two experiments manipulating Google output.J Med Internet Res. 2014; 16: e100
- An observational study of how young people search for online sexual health information.J Am Coll Health. 2009; 58: 101-111
- Online health information search and evaluation: observations and semi-structured interviews with college students and maternal health experts.Health Info Libr J. 2009; 28: 188-199
- How college students search the internet for weight control and weight management information: an observational study.Am J Health Educ. 2015; 46: 231-240
- Searching for specific health-related information in MedlinePlus: behavioral patterns and user experience.J Assoc Inf Sci Technol. 2014; 65: 53-68
- How do consumers search for and appraise health information on the World Wide Web? Qualitative study using focus groups, usability tests, and in-depth interviews.BMJ. 2002; 324: 573-577
- Internet skill-related problems in accessing online health information.Int J Med Inform. 2012; 81: 61-72
- The effects of preference for information on consumers’ online health information search behavior.J Med Internet Res. 2013; 15: e234
- Adolescents searching for health information on the Internet: an observational study.J Med Internet Res. 2003; 5: e25
- Internet usage by low-literacy adults seeking health information: an observational analysis.J Med Internet Res. 2004; 6: e25
- Online usability and patients with long-term conditions: a mixed-methods approach.Int J Med Inform. 2012; 81: 374-387
- The Health Literacy Skills Instrument: a 10-item short form.J Health Commun. 2012; 17: 191-202
- Health Literacy Skills Instrument User Guide.RTI, Research Triangle Park, NC2010
US Department of Agriculture. Start simple with MyPlate. https://www.choosemyplate.gov/start-simple-myplate. Accessed February 3, 2020.
- Mechanisms of the portion size effect. What is known and where do we go from here.Appetite. 2015; 88: 39-49
- Sizing up the effect of portion size on consumption: a meta-analytic review.J Mark. 2014; 78: 140-154
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.