Main Outcome Measure
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Dietary Guidelines 2015–2020: Executive summary.https://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/executive-summary/#subnav-4. Accessed February 20, 2020.
- Update of the healthy eating index: HEI-2010.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 569-580
- Poor adherence to US dietary guidelines for children and adolescents in the National Health And Nutrition Examination Survey population.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016; 116: 21-27
- Dual trajectories of breakfast eating and fruit and vegetable intake over a 5-year follow-up period among economically disadvantaged children: gender differences.Appetite. 2018; 121: 41-49
- The tracking of dietary intakes of children and adolescents in Sweden over six years: the European Youth Heart Study.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2009; 6: 91
- Early life socioeconomic determinants of dietary score and pattern trajectories across six waves of the Longitudinal Study of Australian Children.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2017; 71: 1152-1160
- Changes in diet through adolescence and early adulthood: longitudinal trajectories and association with key life transitions.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2018; 15: 86
- Trajectories of eating behaviors in a nationally representative cohort of U.S. adolescents during the transition to young adulthood.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2015; 12: 138
- Diet quality of US adolescents during the transition to adulthood: changes and predictors.Am J Clin Nutr. 2017; 105: 1424-1432
- The association of maternal perceived stress with changes in their children's healthy eating index (HEI-2010) scores over time.Ann Behav Med. 2019; 53: 877-885
- Changes in eating behaviours among Czech children and adolescents from 2002 to 2014 (HBSC study).Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015; 12: 15888-15899
- Relative validation of Block Kids Food Screener for dietary assessment in children and adolescents.Matern Child Nutr. 2015; 11: 260-270
- Nutritional Epidemiology.2nd ed. Oxford University Press, New York, NY1998
- 2006–2010 American Community Survey Selected Population Tables: Poverty Status in the Past 12 Months by Sex and Age.US Census Bureau, Washington, DC2010
- CDC growth charts: United States.Adv Data. 2000; : 1-27
- Applied Longitudinal Data Analysis: Modeling Change and Event Occurrence.Oxford University Press, New York, NY2003
- Stability in consumption of fruit, vegetables, and sugary foods in a cohort from age 14 to age 21.Prev Med. 2001; 33: 217-226
- Fruit and vegetable consumption trends among adolescents from 2002 to 2010 in 33 countries.Eur J Public Health. 2015; 25: 16-19
- Diet quality as measured by the Diet Quality Index-International is associated with prospective changes in body fat among Canadian children.Public Health Nutr. 2017; 20: 456-463
- Dietary patterns are associated with incident stroke and contribute to excess risk of stroke in black Americans.Stroke. 2013; 44: 3305-3311
- Disparities and access to healthy food in the United States: a review of food deserts literature.Health Place. 2010; 16: 876-884
- Does social class predict diet quality?.Am J Clin Nutr. 2008; 87: 1107-1117
Dietary Assessment Primer, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute. Screeners at a glance. https://dietassessmentprimer.cancer.gov/profiles/screeners/. Accessed February 20, 2020.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.