Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Innovations in nutrition education and global health: the Bangalore Boston nutrition collaborative.BMC Med Educ. 2014; 14: 5
- Nutrition education for public health.Public Health. 2016; 140: 3-6
Joint WHO/FAO Expert Consultation on Diet, Nutrition and the Prevention of Chronic Diseases. Diet, nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2003.http://health.euroafrica.org/books/dietnutritionwho.pdf. Accessed October 14, 2019.
- Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: total diet approach to healthy eating.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 307-317
- Portion size estimation in dietary assessment: a systematic review of existing tools, their strengths and limitations.Nutr Rev. 2020; 78: 885-900
- Dietary assessment in minority ethnic groups: a systematic review of instruments for portion-size estimation in the United Kingdom.Nutr Rev. 2017; 75: 188-213
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Dietary assessment: a resource guide to method selection and application in low resource settings. Rome, Italy: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations; 2018.http://www.fao.org/3/i9940en/I9940EN.pdf. Accessed October 18, 2019.
- Development and validation of two food portion photograph books to assess dietary intake among adults and children in Central Africa.Br J Nutr. 2016; 115: 895-902
Chaudhry BM, Schaefbauer C, Jelen B, Siek KA, Connelly K. Evaluation of a food portion size estimation interface for a varying literacy population Paper presented at: 2016 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems; May 7-12, 2016; San Jose, CA.https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/2858036.2858554. Accessed October 14, 2019.
- Food models for portion size estimation of Asian foods.J Hum Nutr Diet. 2013; 26: 380-386
- Students’ perception towards modern technology as teaching Aids.AJATeL. 2019; 9: 37-42
- The impact of an innovative web-based school nutrition intervention to increase fruits and vegetables and milk and alternatives in adolescents: a clustered randomized trial.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2017; 14: 140
Parker A, Kantroo V, Lee HR, Osornio M, Sharma M, Grinter R. Health promotion as activism: building community capacity to effect social change Paper presented at: 2012 SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems; May 5-10; Austin, TX.https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/2207676.2207692. Accessed October 15, 2019.
Brown S, Nunez D, Blake E. Using virtual reality to provide nutritional support to HIV+ women Paper presented at: 8th International Workshop on Presence; September 21-23, 2005; London, United Kingdom. http://pubs.cs.uct.ac.za/id/eprint/409/. Accessed October 20, 2019.
- Virtual reality based treatments in eating disorders and obesity: a review.J Contemp Psychother. 2013; 43: 207-221
- Virtual reality technologies for research and education in obesity and diabetes: research needs and opportunities.J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2011; 5: 212-224
- Image-based food portion size estimation using a smartphone without a fiducial marker.Public Health Nutr. 2019; 22: 1180-1192
- eHealth technologies to supportnutrition and physical activity behaviors in diabetes self-management.Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 2016; 9: 381-390
- Validity of assessing child feeding with virtual reality.Appetite. 2018; 123: 201-207
Celikcan U, AŞ Bülbül, Aslan C, et al. The virtual cafeteria: an immersive environment for interactive food portion- size education. Paper presented at: 3rd International Workshop on Multisensory Approaches to Human-Food Interaction; October 16, 2018; Boulder, CO.https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/3279954.3279960. Accessed October 14, 2019.
- Effects of providing personalized feedback of child's obesity risk on mothers’ food choices using a virtual reality buffet.Int J Obes (Lond). 2013; 37: 1322-1327
- Innovations in consumer research: the virtual food buffet.Food Qual Prefer. 2018; 63: 12-17
- ServAR: an augmented reality tool to guide the serving of food.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2017; 14: 65
General Directorate of Health Research, Ministry of Health. Nutritional Properties and Habits. Ankara, Turkey: Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health; 2014.https://hsgm.saglik.gov.tr/depo/birimler/saglikli-beslenme-hareketli-hayat-db/Yayinlar/kitaplar/diger-kitaplar/TBSA-Beslenme-Yayini.pdf. Accessed February 2, 2020.
- Turkey Specific Food and Nutrition Guide.Merdiven Reklam Tanitim, Ankara, Turkey2015https://fs.hacettepe.edu.tr/bdb/dosyalar/TOBR.pdfDate accessed: October 17, 2019
- Photograph Catalog of Food and Dishes: Portion Sizes and Amounts.2nd ed. Ata Ofset Pub, Ankara, Turkey2009
- Food Portion Sizes: A Photographic Atlas.MAFF publications, London, United Kingdom1997
- A Tunnel Window and Its Variations: Seamless Teleportation Techniques in a Virtual Environment.HCI International, Copenhagen, Denmark2005Accessed October 19, 2019)
Christou CG, Aristidou P. Steering versus teleport locomotion for head mounted displays. Paper presented at: 2017 International Conference on Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Computer Graphics; June 12-15, 2017; Ugento, Italy. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-60928-7_37. Accessed October 19, 2019.
- Modeling dynamic food choice processes to understand dietary intervention effects.Ann Behav Med. 2018; 52: 252-261
Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health. Turkey Dietary Guidelines. Publication No. 1046. Ankara, Turkey: Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health; 2016.https://dosyasb.saglik.gov.tr/Eklenti/10915,tuber-turkiye-beslenme-rehberipdf.pdf. Accessed October 21, 2019.
- SUS: a ‘quick and dirty’ usability scale.in: Jordan PW Thomas B McClelland IL Weerdmeester B Usability Evaluation in Industry. 1st ed. Taylor & Francis, London, United Kingdom1996: 189-194
- An empirical evaluation of the system usability scale.Int J Hum Comput Int. 2008; 24: 574-594
- Human-Computer Interaction and Usability Engineering: From Theory to Practice.2nd ed. Ankara, Turkey: METU Press, 2011
- System usability scale: validity and reliability study.J Educ Sci Pract. 2015; 14 ([in Turkish].): 149-167
- Can I leave this one out? The effect of dropping an item from the SUS.J Usability Stud. 2017; 13: 38-46
- Factors influencing efficacy of nutrition education interventions: a systematic review.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2017; 49: 142‐165.e1
- Using social media for the promotion of education and consultation in adolescents who have undergone kidney transplant: protocol for a randomized control trial.JMIR Res Protoc. 2018; 7: e3
- Adolescents’ perspectives on using technology for health: qualitative study.JMIR Pediatr Parent. 2018; 1: e2
- Research into food portion size: methodological aspects and applications.Food Funct. 2018; 9: 715-739
- Food and beverage portion sizes in Australian children: a secondary analysis of 1995 and 2007 national data.BMC Public Health. 2014; 14: 517
- A virtual reality food court to study meal choices in youth: design and assessment of usability.JMIR Form Res. 2019; 3: e12456
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.