Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Contribution of WIC-eligible foods to the overall diet of 13- and 24-month-old toddlers in the WIC Infant and Toddler Feeding Practices Study-2.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2019; 119: 435-448
- Revised WIC food package and children's diet quality.Pediatrics. 2016; 137e20153557
- WIC food package changes: trends in childhood obesity prevalence.Pediatrics. 2019; 143e20182841
- A longitudinal study of WIC participation on household food insecurity.Matern Child Health J. 2011; 15: 627-633
- State-specific prevalence of obesity among children aged 2-4 years enrolled in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children–United States, 2010-2016.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2019; 68: 1057-1061
- Review of WIC Food Packages: Improving Balance and Choice: Final Report.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2017
- 2015–2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.The Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Washington, DC2015
- Vital signs: fruit and vegetable intake among children–United States, 2003-2010.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 671-676
- Determinants of fruit and vegetable intake in low-income children and adolescents.Nutr Rev. 2014; 72: 575-590
- Development and validity of a 2-item screen to identify families at risk for food insecurity.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: e26-e32
National Cancer Institute. Dietary screener questionnaire in the NHANES 2009-10.https://epi.grants.cancer.gov/nhanes/dietscreen/. Accessed May 11, 2020.
- Social and institutional factors that affect breastfeeding duration among WIC participants in Los Angeles County, California.Matern Child Health J. 2012; 16: 1887-1895
US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. WIC Infant and Toddler Feeding Practices Study 2: second year.https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/ops/WIC-ITFPS2-Year2Report.pdf. Accessed May 11, 2020.
US Department of Agriculture. WIC Infant and Toddler Feeding Practices Study 2: infant year report.https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/ops/WIC-ITFPS2-Infant.pdf. Accessed May 11, 2020.
- If you build it they will come: satisfaction of WIC participants with online and traditional in-person nutrition education.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2016; 48 (e1): 336-342
- Satisfaction of California WIC participants with food package changes.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2014; 46: S71-S78
- Small retailer perspectives of the 2009 Women, Infants and Children Program food package changes.Am J Health Behav. 2012; 36: 655-665
- Revised WIC food package improves diets of WIC families.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2012; 44: 204-209
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.