Main Outcome Measures
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Technical platform on the measurement and reduction of food loss and waste.http://www.fao.org/platform-food-loss-waste/en/. Accessed July 14, 2020.
- Food Wastage Footprint: Impact on Natural Resources.Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, Italy2013Accessed March 18, 2020)
- The Avoidable Crisis of Food Waste: Technical Report.Value Chain Management International and Second Harvest, Ontario, Canada2019https://secondharvest.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Avoidable-Crisis-of-Food-Waste-Technical-Report-January-17-2019.pdf(Accessed March 14, 2020)
- Valuing the multiple impacts of household food waste.Front Nutr. 2019; 6: 143
- Health effects of dietary risks in 195 countries, 1990-2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.Lancet. 2019; 393: 1958-1972
- Diet quality in Canada.Health Rep. 2009; 20: 41-52
- Temporal changes in diet quality and the associated economic burden in Canada.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0206877
- Processed and ultra-processed food products: consumption trends in Canada from 1938 to 2011.Can J Diet Pract Res. 2014; 75: 15-21
Region of Waterloo Public Health. Food Skills in Waterloo Region — Changes Over 6 Years.https://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/regional-government/resources/Reports-Plans--Data/Public-Health-and-Emergency-Services/FoodSkills_WR.pdf. Accessed March 18, 2020.
- Which food literacy dimensions are associated with diet quality among Canadian parents?.Brit Food J. 2019; 121: 1670-1685
- Food waste within food supply chains: quantification and potential for change to 2050.Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2010; 365: 3065-3081
- The use of Cronbach's alpha when developing and reporting research instruments in science education.Res Sci Educ. 2018; 48: 1273-1296
- Evaluation of the Healthy Eating Index-2015.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2018; 118: 1622-1633
- Adapting the Healthy Eating Index 2010 for the Canadian population: evidence from the Canadian National Nutrition Survey.Nutrients. 2017; 9: 910
WRAP. Household food waste collections guide. http://www.wrap.org.uk/content/household-food-waste-collections-guide. Accessed July 14, 2020.
- Self-perceived eating habits and food skills of Canadians.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2016; 48: 486-495.e1
- False discovery rate control is a recommended alternative to Bonferroni-type adjustments in health studies.J Clin Epidemiol. 2014; 67: 850-857
- Foodwaste within Swiss households: a segmentation of the population and suggestions for preventive measures.Resour Conserv Recycl. 2017; 122: 172-184
- Are questionnaires a reliable method to measure food waste? A pilot study on Italian households.Brit Food J. 2018; 120: 2885-2897
- Diet quality is more strongly related to food skills rather than cooking skills confidence: results from a national cross-sectional survey.Nutr Diet. 2020; 77: 112-120
Government of Canada. Canadian nutrient file.https://food-nutrition.canada.ca/cnf-fce/. Accessed March 21, 2020.
- Association between home food preparation skills and behaviour, and consumption of ultra-processed foods: cross-sectional analysis of the UK National Diet and Nutrition Survey (2008-2009).Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2017; 14: 68
- Importance of cooking skills for balanced food choices.Appetite. 2013; 65: 125-131
- Grocery shopping, dinner preparation, and dietary habits among adolescents and young adults in Canada.Can J Diet Pract Res. 2018; 79: 157-163
- Meal planning is associated with food variety, diet quality and body weight status in a large sample of French adults.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2017; 14: 12
- Food waste generation at household level: results of a survey among employees of two European Research Centers in Italy and Germany.Sustainability. 2015; 7: 2695-2715
- Determinants of consumer food waste behaviour: two routes to food waste.Appetite. 2016; 96: 7-17
- Avoiding food waste by Romanian consumers: the importance of planning and shopping routines.Food Qual Prefer. 2013; 28: 375-381
- Food waste matters — a systematic review of household food waste practices and their policy implications.J Clean Prod. 2018; 182: 978-991
- Sorting out food waste behaviour: a survey on the motivators and barriers of self-reported amounts of food waste in households.J Environ Psychol. 2016; 45: 66-78
- The forgotten parent: fathers’ representation in family interventions to prevent childhood obesity.Prev Med. 2018; 111: 170-176
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.