Main Outcome Measures
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Adolescents’ nutrition, attitudes and practices.Basic Appl Soc Sci. 2012; 2: 308-311
- The effect of dietary pattern and body mass index on the academic performance of in-school adolescents.Int Educ Stud. 2012; 5: 65-72
- Assessment of eating habits among adolescent Nigerian urban secondary schoolgirls.Sri Lanka J Child Health. 2013; 42: 20-26
- Exercise and eating habits among urban adolescents: a cross-sectional study in Kolkata, India.BMC Public Health. 2017; 17: 468
- Pattern of growth and associated dietary practices of junior high school adolescents in a south western Nigerian community.J Life Phys Sci. 2009; 3: 145-150
- Effects of social determinants on food choice and skipping meals among Turkish adolescents.Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008; 17: 208-215
- Factors that were found to influence Ghanaian adolescents’ eating habits.SAGE Open. 2012; 2: 1-6
- Factors influencing the food choices of Irish children and adolescents: a qualitative investigation.Health Promot Int. 2010; 25: 289-298
- Body image and eating patterns among adolescents.BMC Public Health. 2013; 13: 1104
World Health Organization. Adolescents: health risks and solutions.https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/adolescents-health-risks-and-solutions. Accessed April 10, 2020.
- Healthy Nutrition: An Essential Element of a Health-Promoting School.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland1998https://www.who.int/school_youth_health/media/en/428.pdfDate accessed: April 10, 2020
Food and Agricultural Organization. School-based food and nutrition education.http://www.fao.org/school-food/areas-work/based-food-nutrition-education/en/. Accessed April 10, 2020.
- Nutrition Education: Linking Research, Theory, and Practice.3rd ed. Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Burlington, MA2016
- Effect of a school-based nutrition education program on adolescents’ nutrition-related knowledge, attitudes and behaviour in rural areas of China.Environ Health Prev Med. 2015; 20: 271-278
- The effectiveness of school-based nutritional education program among obese adolescents: a randomized controlled study.Int J Pediatr. 2012; 2012608920
- Impact of actions of food and nutrition education program in a population of adolescents.Rev Nutr. 2016; 29: 65-75
- Role of nutrition education in improving awareness among school going adolescent girls (14 to 17 years).Int J Home Sci. 2019; 5: 10-12
- Utilizing music and songs to promote student engagement in ESL classrooms.Int J Acad Res Bus Soc Sci. 2018; 8: 314-332
- The role of music in adolescent development: much more than the same old song.Int J Adolesc Youth. 2013; 18: 5-22
- Using songs in mathematics instruction: results from pilot application.Procedia Soc Behav Sci. 2009; 1: 538-543
- Using science songs to enhance learning: an interdisciplinary approach.CBE Life Sci Educ. 2012; 11: 26-30
Lems K. New ideas for teaching English using songs and music. Washington, DC: American English; 2018.https://americanenglish.state.gov/files/ae/resource_files/etf_56_1_pg14-21.pdf. Accessed November 27, 2020.
- Incorporation of edutainment into intervention and evaluation: the Jump with Jill (JWJ) program.Front Public Health. 2019; 7: 163
- The effect of a nutritional education program on the nutritional status of elderly patients in a long-term care hospital in Jeollanamdo province: health behavior, dietary behavior, nutrition risk level and nutrient intake.Nut Res Pract. 2012; 6: 35-44
- Effect of nutrition education on knowledge of nutrition in relation to prevention of stomach cancer among undergraduates in South-West, Nigeria.Afr J Food Agric Nutr Dev. 2012; 12: 7035-7055
- Social cognitive determinants of exercise behavior in the context of behavior modeling: a mixed method approach.Digit Health. 2018; 42055207618811555
World Health Organization. Adolescent Nutrition: A Review of the Situation in Selected South-East Asian Countries. New Delhi, India: WHO Regional Office for South-East Asia; 2006.https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/204764. Accessed April 10, 2020.
- Guideline: Implementing Effective Actions for Improving Adolescent Nutrition.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2018https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/260297/9789241513708-eng.pdf?sequence=1Date accessed: May 19, 2020
- California Nutrition and Physical Activity Guidelines for Adolescents.California Department of Public Health, Sacramento, CA2015https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CFH/DMCAH/CDPH%20Document%20Library/NUPA/NUPA-Guidelines-Adolescents.pdfDate accessed: April 10, 2020
- Coefficient alpha: interprete with caution.Eur J Psychol. 2013; 9: 687-696
- The role of music in young learners’ oral production in English.Profile. 2010; 12: 141-157
- Policy statement - impact of music, music lyrics, and music videos on children and youth.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 1488-1494
- Influence of musical styles on customers attitude: experimental evidences in a retail store.Braz Bus Rev. 2012; 9: 94-118
- Innovation in education: what works, what doesn't, and what to do about it?.J Res Innov Teach Learn. 2017; 10: 4-33
- Gender perspectives on adolescent eating behaviors: a study on the eating attitudes and behaviors of junior secondary students in Hong Kong.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2010; 42: 250-258
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The author has not stated any conflicts of interest.