Main Outcome Measures
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. Characteristics of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Households: Fiscal Year 2018. Alexandria, VA: Food and Nutrition Service; 2019.https://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/resource-files/Characteristics2018.pdf. Accessed August 26, 2020.
US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program. Accessed August 26, 2020.
- Office of the Secretary. 7 CFR Parts 1 and 2.Federal Register. 2014; 79: 44101-44105
- Evaluation of the Healthy Incentives Pilot (HIP): Final Report.Food and Nutrition Service, Alexandria, VA2014https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/ops/HIP-Final.pdfDate accessed: August 26, 2020
US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. FINI Grant Program. Past year's awardees. https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/FINI-Grant-Program. Accessed August 26, 2020.
- The Evaluation of Food Insecurity Nutrition Incentives (FINI): Interim Report.Food and Nutrition Service, Alexandria, VA2019https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/resource-files/FINI-InterimReport_1.pdfDate accessed: August 26, 2020
- Intention-to-treat analysis.J Physiother. 2015; 61: 165-167
- SNAP Healthy Food Incentives. Cluster Evaluation. 2013 Final Report.Community Science, Gaithersburg, MD2013http://www.fairfoodnetwork.org/wp-content/image_archive/2013%20Cluster%20Evaluation%20Final%20Report_%20final_10.4.13_Dec2013.pdfDate accessed: August 26, 2020
- State of the Plate, 2015 Study on America's Consumption of Fruits and Vegetables.Produce for Better Health Foundation, Brentwood, MO2015https://fruitsandveggies.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2015-State_of_the_Plate.pdfDate accessed: August 26, 2020
- A review of hot deck imputation for survey non-response.Int Stat Rev. 2010; 78: 40-64
- Smearing estimate: a nonparametric retransformation method.J Am Stat Assoc. 1983; 78: 605-610
- Computing marginal effects in the Box–Cox model.Econ Rev. 2002; 21: 383-393
- The National Cancer Institute diet history questionnaire: Validation of pyramid food servings.Am J Epidemiol. 2005; 163: 279-288
US Census Bureau. American Community Survey. 2012-2016 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates. Suitland, MD: US Census Bureau.https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/technical-documentation/table-and-geography-changes/2016/5-year.html. Accessed August 25, 2020.
- Prognostic score-based balance measures can be a useful diagnostic for propensity score methods in comparative effectiveness research.J Clin Epidemiol. 2013; 66: S84-S90.e1
- Methods for constructing and assessing propensity scores.Health Serv Res. 2014; 49: 1701-1720
- Systematic review of factors influencing farmers’ market use overall and among low-income populations.J Acad Nutr Die. 2016; 116: 1136-1155
Ver Ploeg M, Mancino L, Todd JE, Clay DM, Scharadin B. Where Do Americans Usually Shop for Food and How Do They Travel to Get There? Initial Findings from the National Household Food Acquisition and Purchase Survey. Washington, DC: US Department of Agriculture; 2015.https://www.ers.usda.gov/webdocs/publications/43953/eib138_errata.pdf?v=42636. Accessed August 26, 2020.
- SNAP Retailer Management Year End Summary.Food and Nutrition Service, Alexandria, VA2019https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/resource-files/2019-SNAP-Retailer-Management-Year-End-Summary.pdfDate accessed: August 26, 2020
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.