Main outcomes measured
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Healthy Beverage Consumption in Early Childhood: Recommendations From Key National Health and Nutrition Organizations.Healthy Eating Research, 2019
- Beverage consumption among U.S. children aged 0-24 months: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES).Nutrients. 2017; 9: 264
Moshfegh AJ, Garceau AO, Parker EA, Clemens JC. Beverage choices among children: what we eat in America, NHANES 2015-2016.https://www.ars.usda.gov/ARSUserFiles/80400530/pdf/DBrief/22_Beverage_choices_children_1516.pdf. Accessed March 17, 2021.
- Sugar-sweetened beverages and children's health.Annu Rev Public Health. 2016; 37: 273-293
- Added sugars and cardiovascular disease risk in children: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2017; 135: e1017-e1034
- Early Childhood Program Participation, Results From the National Household Education Surveys Program of 2016.National Center for Education Statistics, Institute of Education Sciences, US Department of Education, 2019Accessed May 20, 2020)
- What role can child-care settings play in obesity prevention? A review of the evidence and call for research efforts.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 1343-1362
- Contributions of early care and education programs to diet quality in children aged 3 to 4 years in central North Carolina.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2020; 120: 386-394
- Dietary patterns track from infancy to preschool age: cross-sectional and longitudinal perspectives.J Nutr. 2015; 145: 775-782
- Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 S 3307.2010 (111th Cong, Pub L No. 111-296, 124 Stat 3184, 42 USC §221)
- Child and Adult Care Food Program: meal pattern revisions related to the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. Final rule.Fed Regist. 2016; 81: 24347-24383
Public Health Law Center. Healthy eating, active play, screen time best practices child care maps.https://www.publichealthlawcenter.org/heal/ChildCareMaps.html. Accessed March 17, 2021.
California Legislative Information. AB-2084. Child day care facilities: nutrition.https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=200920100AB2084. Accessed March 17, 2021.
- Drinking water in California child care sites before and after 2011-2012 beverage policy.Prev Chron Dis. 2015; 12: E89
- Policy improves what beverages are served to young children in child care.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 724-730
- Status of beverages served to young children in child care after implementation of California policy, 2012-2016.Prev Chronic Dis. 2020; 17: E30
California Legislative Information. Child day care: childhood nutrition training.http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140AB290. Accessed June 16, 2020.
- Gateway to quality: online professional development for family childcare providers.Early Child Dev Care. 2016; 186: 1079-1095
- Feasibility and acceptability of a child sexual abuse prevention program for childcare professionals: comparison of a web-based and in-person training.J Child Sex Abus. 2012; 21: 422-436
- The impact of a statewide training to increase child care providers’ knowledge of nutrition and physical activity rules in Delaware.Child Obes. 2013; 9: 43-50
Weigel DJ, Weiser DA, Bales DW, Moyses KJ. Identifying online preferences and needs of early childhood professionals. https://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ997136. Accessed May 20, 2020.
Zickuhr K, Smith A. Digital differences.https://www.pewresearch.org/internet/2012/04/13/digital-differences/. Accessed May 20, 2020.
- Designing interventions to change eating behaviours.Proc Nutr Soc. 2015; 74: 164-170
- Implementation strategies: recommendations for specifying and reporting.Implement Sci. 2013; 8: 139
Alkon A, Rose B, Hazard K, et al. Healthy beverages in early care & education.http://npi.ucanr.edu/Resources/Online_Trainings/Healthy_Beverages_in_ECE_Online_Training/. Accessed March 17, 2021.
Alkon A, Rose B, Hazard K, et al. Bebidas Saludables en el Cuidado y Educacion en la Infancia Temprana.http://npi.ucanr.edu/Resources/Online_Trainings/Bebidas_Saludables_en_el_Cuidado_y_Educacion_en_la_Infancia_Temprana/. Accessed May 20, 2020.
- Adult learning theories: implications for learning and teaching in medical education: AMEE Guide No. 83.Med Teach. 2013; 35: e1561-e1572
- Nutrition and physical activity self-assessment for child care (NAP SACC): results from a pilot intervention.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2007; 39: 142-149
- Determining eLearning preferences to inform beverage policy training for early care and education teachers.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2020; 52: 732-741
- Effect and process evaluation of a cluster randomized control trial on water intake and beverage consumption in preschoolers from six European countries: the ToyBox-study.PLoS One. 2016; 11e0152928
- Impact of fruit juice and beverage portion size on snack intake in preschoolers.Appetite. 2015; 95: 334-340
- Training and technical assistance for compliance with beverage and physical activity components of New York City's regulations for early child care centers.Prev Chronic Dis. 2014; 11: E177
- Latino family childcare providers’ beliefs, attitudes, and practices related to promotion of healthy behaviors among preschool children: a qualitative study.J Obes. 2015; 2015409742
- Evaluation: A Systematic Approach.Sage Publications, 1993
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.