Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: benchmarks for nutrition in child care.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2018; 118: 1291-1300
- NCES Fast Facts: Child care.2021Accessed August 29, 2022)
The Federal Interagency Forum on Child and Family Statistics. America's Children: Key National Indicators of Well-Being. US Government Printing Office; 2015.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Early care and education (ECE) why is this setting important?https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/strategies/childcareece.html. Accessed February 8, 2022.
- Early Childhood Obesity Prevention Policies.The National Academies Press, 2011
- National Resource Center for Health, Safety in Child Care and Early Education. Caring for Our Children: National Health and Safety Performance Standards; Guidelines for Early Care and Education Programs.4th ed. American Academy of Pediatrics, 2019
- Nutrition-related knowledge, attitudes, and dietary behaviors among head start teachers in Texas: a cross-sectional study.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 558-562
- Nutrition knowledge and perspectives of physical activity for pre-schoolers amongst early childhood education and care teachers.Nutrients. 2020; 12: 1984
- Barriers to obesity prevention in Head Start.Health Aff (Millwood). 2010; 29: 454-462
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Spectrum of Opportunities for Obesity Prevention in the Early Care and Education Setting (ECE). CDC Technical Assistance Briefing Document.https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/downloads/spectrum-of-opportunities-obesity-prevention-old.pdf. Accessed July 29, 2022.
- Development of an online curriculum for California early care and education providers on healthy beverages.BMC Public Health. 2021; 21: 1387
- Determining elearning preferences to inform beverage policy training for early care and education teachers.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2020; 52: 732-741
- Integrating adult learning principles into training for public health practice.Health Promot Pract. 2009; 10: 557-563
- Our history.2022Accessed August 29, 2022)
- An intervention to promote healthy weight: nutrition and physical activity self-assessment for child care (NAP SACC) theory and design.Prev Chronic Dis. 2007; 4: A67
- Translating a child care based intervention for online delivery: development and randomized pilot study of Go NAPSACC.BMC Public Health. 2017; 17: 891
Contento IR, Koch PA.Nutrition Education Linking Research, Theory, and Practice. Jones and Bartlett Learning; 2021.
- Our Focus Areas.2022Accessed August 29, 2022)
- The behavior change technique taxonomy (v1) of 93 hierarchically clustered techniques: building an international consensus for the reporting of behavior change interventions.Ann Behav Med. 2013; 46: 81-95
- Diffusion of innovations theory, principles, and Practice.Health Aff (Millwood). 2018; 37: 183-190
- Staff training interests, barriers, and preferences in rural and urban child care programs in Minnesota.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2019; 51: 335-341
- Predictors of non-compliance with a national early care and education-based obesity prevention initiative: Go NAPSACC.Am J Health Promot. 2022; 36: 864-868
- Participation in the child and adult care food program is associated with healthier nutrition environments at family child care homes in Mississippi.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2018; 50: 441-450
- Participation in the child and adult care food program is associated with more nutritious foods and beverages in child care.Child Obes. 2012; 8: 224-229
- Food program participation influences nutrition practices in early care and education settings.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2021; 53: 299-308
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.