Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
Scrinis G. Nutritionism: The Science and Politics of Dietary Advice. 1st ed. Routledge; 2020.
- Toward a new philosophy of preventive nutrition: from a reductionist to a holistic paradigm to improve nutritional recommendations.Adv Nutr. 2014; 5: 430-446
- Pellagra in the United States: a historical perspective.South Med J. 2000; 93: 272-277
- Estimating the health and economic benefits of universal salt iodization programs to correct iodine deficiency disorders.Thyroid. 2020; 30: 1802-1809
- Folic acid food fortification-its history, effect, concerns, and future directions.Nutrients. 2011; 3: 370-384
- A global North-South division line for portraying urban development.Iscience. 2021; 24: 102729
- Determining the worldwide prevalence of obesity.Lancet. 2018; 391: 1773-1774
- Trends in cardiovascular disease prevalence by income level in the United States.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e2018150
- Prevalence of diabetes by race and ethnicity in the United States, 2011–2016.JAMA. 2019; 322: 2389-2398
- A big picture view of precision nutrition: from reductionism to holism.J Nutr Health. 2019; 52: 1-5
- History of modern nutrition science-implications for current research, dietary guidelines, and food policy.BMJ. 2018; 361: k2392
US Department of Agriculture, US Department of Health and Human Services. Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2020–2025. 9th ed. USDA, US Department of Health and Human Services; 2020. https://www.dietaryguidelines.gov.
- A holistic approach’: incorporating sustainability into biopedagogies of healthy eating in Sweden's dietary guidelines.Sociol Health Illn. 2020; 42: 1785-1800
- Dietary guidelines to nourish humanity and the planet in the twenty-first century. A blueprint from Brazil.Public Health Nutr. 2015; 18: 2311-2322
- Promoting dietary guidelines and environmental sustainability in China.China Econ Rev. 2020; 59101087
- Sustainability in the Qatar national dietary guidelines, among the first to incorporate sustainability principles.Public Health Nutr. 2015; 18: 2303-2310
- A call to action to reshape evidence synthesis and use for nutrition policy.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016; 11ED000118
- Perspective: reductionist nutrition research has meaning only within the framework of holistic and ethical thinking.Adv Nutr. 2018; 9: 655-670
- Empirico-inductive and/or hypothetico-deductive methods in food science and nutrition research: which one to favor for a better global health?.Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2021; 0: 1-14
- Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition and Health. Vol 3.University of California Press, 2013
Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior. Divisions. https://www.sneb.org/1369-2/. Accessed January 7, 2022.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation. Future of food.https://www.eatrightfoundation.org/foundation/resources/future-of-food. Accessed July 27, 2022.
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point Sustainable food and nutrition degree. https://www.uwsp.edu/programs/degree/sustainable-food-and-nutrition/. Accessed July 25, 2022.
The University of Memphis. Master's degree in environmental nutrition.https://www.memphis.edu/healthsciences/graduate/environmental_nutrition.php. Accessed July 27, 2022.
- Understanding Nutrition.15th ed. Cengage Learning, 2018
- Nutrition: An Applied Approach.5th ed. Pearson, 2017
- Nutrition Now.8th ed. Cengage Learning, 2016
- Human Nutrition.13th ed. University of Hawaii at Manoa, Food Science and Human Nutrition Program, 2018
- Introduction to Human Nutrition.3rd ed. Wiley, 2013
- Introduction to Nutrition.1st ed. Kendall Hunt Publishing Company, 2017
- Human Nutrition: Science for Healthy Living.2nd ed. McGraw-Hill Education, 2018
- Nutrition Essentials: A Personal Approach.2nd ed. McGraw-Hill Education, 2017
- Inquiring minds acquiring wellness: uses of online and offline sources for health information.Health Commun. 2012; 27: 331-343
- Nutrition literacy as a determinant for diet quality amongst young adolescents: a cross sectional study.Prog Nutr. 2018; 20: 455-464
- Sources of nutrition information and level of nutrition knowledge among young adults in the Accra metropolis.BMC Public Health. 2018; 18: 1323
- Health information seeking in the digital age: an analysis of health information seeking behavior among US adults.Cogent Soc Sci. 2017; 31302785
- Association between dairy food consumption and risk of myocardial infarction in women differs by type of dairy food.J Nutr. 2013; 143: 74-79
- Food sources of saturated fat and the association with mortality: a meta-analysis.Am J Public Health. 2013; 103: e31-e42
- Ultra-processed foods and the nutrition transition: global, regional and national trends, food systems transformations and political economy drivers.Obes Rev. 2020; 21: e13126
- Ultra-processed food consumption and excess weight among US adults.Br J Nutr. 2018; 120: 90-100
- The burden of excessive saturated fatty acid intake attributed to ultra-processed food consumption: a study conducted with nationally representative cross-sectional studies from eight countries.J Nutr Sci. 2021; 10: e43
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics. ACEND Accreditation Standards for Nutrition and Dietetics. Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics; 2021.https://www.eatrightpro.org/-/media/eatrightpro-files/acend/accreditation-standards/2022standardscp-82021.pdf?la=en&hash=589269482800D31D949A92D7A3C43800B7D06EAD. Accessed March 24, 2022.
- Eggs and health special issue.Nutrients. 2016; 8: 784
- Implementing student-centered learning practices in a large enrollment, introductory food science and human nutrition course.J Food Sci Educ. 2016; 15: 23-33
- Exploring the influence of course elements and emotional connection to content on students’ approaches to learning in an introductory food science and human nutrition course.J Food Sci Educ. 2020; 19: 59-73
Pollan M. Voting with your fork. The New York Times. https://michaelpollan.com/articles-archive/voting-with-your-fork/. Accessed July 27, 2022.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.