Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Development of core competencies for paraprofessional nutrition educators who deliver food stamp nutrition education.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2009; 41: 138-143
- DACUM Handbook.4th ed. Center on Education and Training for Employment, College of Education & Human Ecology, The Ohio State University, 2013
USDA Regional Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Center of Excellence. SNAP-Ed PSE identified tasks and duties: competency-based DACUM results.https://snapedpse.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/SNAP_DACUM.pdf. Accessed July 19, 2022.
USDA Regional Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Center of Excellence. DACUM PSE Competency Chart for SNAP-Ed Coordinators. https://snapedpse.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/SNAP_DACUM.pdf. Accessed July 19, 2022.
- Career readiness in the dietetics curriculum.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2021; 121: 15-24
- Developing national conceptual understanding to describe entry-to-practice dietetics competence.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2020; 52: 351-358
- Competency-based hiring: the key to recruiting and retaining successful employees.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114: 1330-1339
The Ohio State University, Center on Education and Training for Employment. DACUM International Training Center.https://cete.osu.edu/programs/dacum-international-training-center/. Accessed July 19, 2022.
Baker S, Cunningham-Sabo L, Franck K, Mullins J, Tucker E, McGirr K. EFNEP & SNAP-Ed program leader core competencies.https://nifa.usda.gov/sites/default/files/LGU%20EFNEP%20and%20SNAP-Ed%20Program%20Leader%20Core%20Competencies.pdf. Accessed July 19, 2022.
Baker S, Cunningham-Sabo L, Franck K, Mullins J, Tucker E, McGirr K. EFNEP & SNAP-Ed Paraprofessional Educator Core Competencies.https://nifa.usda.gov/sites/default/files/LGU%20EFNEP%20and%20SNAP-Ed%20Paraprofessional%20Educator%20Core%20Competencies.pdf. Accessed July 19, 2022.
Baker S, Cunningham-Sabo L, Franck K, Mullins J, Tucker E, McGirr K. EFNEP & SNAP-Ed Supervisor Core Competencies.https://nifa.usda.gov/sites/default/files/LGU%20EFNEP%20and%20SNAP-Ed%20Supervisor%20Core%20Competencies.pdf. Accessed February 24, 2022.
- A crosswalk between the Omaha System and guiding undergraduate public health nursing education documents.Public Health Nurs. 2019; 36: 215-225
Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior. SNEB Nutrition Educator Competencies.https://www.sneb.org/nutrition-educator-competencies-2/. Accessed July 19, 2022.
Sisk K, Conneally A, Cullinen K. Guide for Developing and Enhancing Skills in Public Health and Community Nutrition. 3rd Ed. Public Health/Community Nutrition Practice Group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and the Association of State Public Health Nutritionists. 2018.https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/THEACADEMY/c86efab1-021a-4be7-a2ef-300d170419e4/UploadedImages/PHCN/Documents/Resources/PHCN_Guide_FINAL_FULL.pdf. Accessed July 19, 2022.
Public Health Foundation. Core competencies for public health professionals.https://www.phf.org/resourcestools/Pages/Core_Public_Health_Competencies.aspx. Accessed July 19, 2022.
The Free Library. Gap analysis: a method to assess core competency development in the curriculum; 2013.https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Gap+analysis%3a+a+method+to+assess+core+competency+development+in+the...-a0330004712. Accessed July 19, 2022.
- Content analysis: review of methods and their applications in nutrition education.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2002; 34: 224-230
- Cultural competency training and evaluation methods across dietetics education: a narrative review.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2020; 120: 1198-1209
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Accreditation Standards for Graduate Degree Programs in Nutrition and Dietetics (Future Education Model) for bachelor and graduate degrees.https://www.eatrightpro.org/acend/accreditation-standards-fees-and-policies/future-education-model-standards-and-templates-v2022. Accessed November 8, 2022.
- A competency framework for global public health nutrition workforce development.World Nutr. 2012; 3: 33-54
- Health education specialist practice analysis 2015 (HESPA 2015): process and outcomes.Health Educ Behav. 2016; 43: 286-295
Dodds JM, The Association of State and Territorial Public Health Nutrition Directors. Personnel in Public Health Nutrition for the 2000s. Dodds JM, ed. Association of State and Territorial Public Health Nutrition; 2009.https://asphn.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Personnel-in-Public-Health-Nutrition-in-the-2000s.pdf. Accessed July 19, 2022.
American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences. Certified nutrition and wellness educator.https://www.aafcs.org/credentialing-center/professional-certifications/cnwe. Accessed July 19, 2022.
Washington State Department of Health. WIC paraprofessional competencies.https://www.doh.wa.gov/ForPublicHealthandHealthcareProviders/PublicHealthSystemResourcesandServices/LocalHealthResourcesandTools/WIC/Training/WICCertifierCompetency. Accessed July 19, 2022.
Rosenthal EL. A Summary of the National Community Health Advisor Study. Weaving the Future. Harrison Institute for Public Law, Georgetown University Law Center; 1998.https://nachw.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/NACDD/Natl89_CAHsummaryALL.pdf. Accessed July 19, 2022.
- Designing a community-based lay health advisor training curriculum to address cancer health disparities.Health Promot Pract. 2013; 14: 415-424
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.