Main Outcome Measures
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
Lauffer S. Characteristics of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Households: Fiscal Year 2016. US Department of Agriculture; 2017.https://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/ops/Characteristics2016.pdf.
Silbermann L. SNAP-fiscal year 2016 cost-of-living adjustments. US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. 2015.https://fns-prod.azureedge.us/sites/default/files/snap/SNAP-FY2016-Cost-of-Living-Adjustments.pdf. Accessed October 24, 2022.
US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. SNAP Eligibility.https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/recipient/eligibility. Accessed February 21, 2023.
- The decline, rebound, and further rise in SNAP enrollment: disentangling business cycle fluctuations and policy changes.Am Econ J Econ Policy. 2018; 10: 153-176
- The impact of SNAP work requirements on labor supply.Lab Econ. 2022; 74102089
- Do SNAP work requirements work?.Econ Inq. 2021; 59: 72-94
- The effects of SNAP work requirements in reducing participation and benefits from 2013 to 2017.Am J Public Health. 2019; 109: 1446-1451
- Food stamp participation among adult-only households.South Econ J. 2010; 77: 244-270
- Food stamp caseloads over the business cycle.South Econ J. 2003; 69: 903-919
Wheaton L, Vericker T, Schwabish J, et al. The Impact of SNAP Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWD) Time Limit Reinstatement in Nine States. US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service; 2021.https://fns-prod.azureedge.us/sites/default/files/resource-files/ABAWDTimeLimit.pdf.
7 CFR 273.24 - time limit for able-bodied adults. Code of Federal Regulations. 2013.https://www.govinfo.gov/app/details/CFR-2013-title7-vol4/CFR-2013-title7-vol4-sec273-24. Accessed October 26, 2022.
Silbermann L. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - ABAWD time limit policy and program access. US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. 2015.https://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/snap/ABAWD-Time-Limit-Policy-and-Program-Access-Memo-Nov2015.pdf. Accessed October 26, 2022.
Bureau of Labor Statistics. Local area unemployment statistics. https://www.bls.gov/lau/#data. Accessed October 19, 2022.
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.