Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Defining food literacy and its components.Appetite. 2014; 76: 50-59
Chenhall C. Improving Cooking and Food Preparation Skills: A Synthesis of the Evidence to Inform Program and Policy Development [A Synthesis Paper]. Government of Canada; 2010.https://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/alt_formats/pdf/nutrition/child-enfant/cfps-acc-synthes-eng.pdf. Accessed March 28, 2023
- The relationship between food literacy and dietary intake in adolescents: a systematic review.Public Health Nutr. 2015; 18: 649-658
- The effects of a nutrition education curriculum on improving young children's fruit and vegetable preferences and nutrition and health knowledge.Public Health Nutr. 2019; 22: 28-34
- Assessing adolescents’ perceived proficiency in critically evaluating nutrition information.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2018; 15: 61
- 2015–2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.8th ed. 2015 (US Department of Health and Human Services, US Department of Agriculture; 2015.)Accessed February 2, 2023)
- Percentage of adolescents meeting federal fruit and vegetable intake recommendations - youth risk behavior surveillance system, United States, 2017.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2021; 70: 69-74
- Where are kids getting their empty calories? Stores, schools, and fast-food restaurants each played an important role in empty calorie intake among US children during 2009–2010.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114: 908-917
County Health Rankings & Roadmaps School-based nutrition education programs.https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/take-action-to-improve-health/what-works-for-health/strategies/school-based-nutrition-education-programs. Accessed February 2, 2023.
Gunston Middle School. What is FACS?https://gunston.apsva.us/family-and-consumer-science/what-is-facs/. Accessed February 2, 2023.
Ray BD. Research facts on homeschooling. National Home Education Research Institute. https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED556234.pdf. Accessed February 2, 2023.
US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed).https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/snap-ed. Accessed February 2, 2023.
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed).https://agrilifeextension.tamu.edu/programs/better-living-for-texans/. Accessed February 2, 2023.
White A, Franzen-Castle L, Kattelmann K, Olfer M, Colby S. iCook 4-H: cooking, eating, and playing together. Obesity Prevention Interventions and Evaluation Framework.https://snapedtoolkit.org/interventions/programs/icook-4-h-cooking-eating-and-playing-together/#Evaluation_Materials. Accessed February 2, 2023.
- High Five to Healthy Living”: a health intervention program for youth at an inner city community center.J Community Health. 2012; 37: 1-9
- Cooking up energy: a culinary education program for children with parent outreach.Am J Health Behav. 2020; 44: 543-558
- Outcomes from an urban pediatric obesity program targeting minority youth: the Healthy Hawks program.Child Obes. 2013; 9: 492-500
- Positive youth development in 2020: theory, research, programs, and the promotion of social justice.J Res Adolesc. 2021; 31: 1114-1134
- (In: Agric Nat Resour.)Moving beyond the demonstration model: the importance of experiential learning in the 4-H youth development program.in: Subramaniam A Heck K Carlos R Junge SK Advances in Youth Development Research and Evaluation from the University of California Cooperative Extension 2001-2010. University of California, 2011: 83-90
Texas 4-H. Food & Nutrition.https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/projects/food-nutrition/. Accessed February 2, 2023.
- Evaluation tool development for food literacy programs.Nutrients. 2018; 10: 1617
- Evaluation of a USDA nutrition education program for low-income youth.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2006; 38: 30-41
US Department of Agriculture, MyPlate. https://myplate.gov. Accessed February 2, 2023.
- A survey to discover current food choice behaviors.Sustainability. 2019; 11: 5041
- Data Analysis With Mplus.Guilford Press, 2012
- Missing values: how to treat them appropriately.in: Shoja M Arynchyna A Loukas M D'Antoni AV Buerger SM Karl M Tubbs RS A Guide to the Scientific Career: Virtues, Communication, Research and Academic Writing. Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2019: 639-647
- Cutoff criteria for fit indexes in covariance structure analysis: conventional criteria versus new alternatives.Struct Equ Model. 1999; 6: 1-55
- Principles and practice in reporting structural equation analyses.Psychol Methods. 2002; 7: 64-82
- Confirmatory Factor Analysis for Applied Research.Guilford Press, 2015
Meade AW. Sample size and tests of measurement invariance. In: Annual Conference of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology. https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/document?repid=rep1&type=pdf&doi=05132416492dd8d9d0c4f0916e040d8824e13277. Accessed March 28, 2023.
- Measurement invariance conventions and reporting: the state of the art and future directions for psychological research.Dev Rev. 2016; 41: 71-90
- Evaluating goodness-of-fit indexes for testing measurement invariance.Struct Equ Model. 2002; 9: 233-255
- Sensitivity of goodness of fit indexes to lack of measurement invariance.Struct Equ Model. 2007; 14: 464-504
- Multivariate Data Analysis.Pearson, 2010
- Test Theory: A Unified Treatment.Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1999
- Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences.2nd ed. L. Erlbaum Associates, 2013
- Effect size, confidence interval and statistical significance: a practical guide for biologists.Biol Rev Camb Philos Soc. 2007; 82 (Erratum in: Biol Rev Camb Philos Soc. 2009;84:515): 591-605
- Being smart about writing SMART objectives.Eval Program Plann. 2017; 61: 125-127
- Kentucky 4-H Impact Study: Alumni and Volunteers.National Extension Conference on Volunteerism, 2022
- Testing Factorial Invariance With Unbalanced Samples.Struct Equ Model. 2018; 25: 201-213
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.