Phenomenon of Interest
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
SNEB Member LoginSNEB Members, full access to the journal is a member benefit. Login via the SNEB Website to access all journal content and features.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Healthier students are better learners: a missing link in school reforms to close the achievement gap.J Sch Health. 2011; 81: 593-598
- Nutrition and physical activity as protective factors in eliminating the achievement gap.Communique. 2013; 42: 1-12
- Association of food insecurity with children's behavioral, emotional, and academic outcomes: a systematic review.J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2017; 38: 135-150
- Factors influencing the implementation of nutrition policies in schools: a scoping review.Health Educ Behav. 2019; 46: 224-250
- An evidence-based framework for implementation of a school-community partnership.NASN Sch Nurse. 2021; 36: 164-169
US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education: FY 2019 SNAP-Ed Plan Guidance. US Department of Agriculture; 2018.https://snaped.fns.usda.gov/snap/Guidance/FY2019SNAPEdPlanGuidanceFULL.pdf. Accessed June 10, 2022.
- Policy, systems, and environmental change strategies in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program-Education (SNAP-Ed).J Nutr Educ Behav. 2022; 54: 320-326
- Using school staff members to implement a childhood obesity prevention intervention in low-income school districts: the Massachusettes childhood obesity research demonstration (MA-CORD Project), 2012-2014.Prev Chronic Dis. 2017; 14: E03
- A practical implementation science heuristic for organizational readiness: R = MC2.J Community Psychol. 2015; 43: 484-501
- Organizational readiness for implementing change: a psychometric assessment of a new measure.Implement Sci. 2014; 9: 7
- Ready, willing, and able: developing a support system to promote implementation of school-based prevention programs.Am J Community Psychol. 2012; 50: 428-444
- Context Matters: measuring implementation climate among individuals and groups.Implement Sci. 2014; 9: 46
- Bridging the gap between prevention research and practice: the interactive systems framework for dissemination and implementation.Am J Community Psychol. 2008; 41: 171-181
- A theory of organizational readiness for change.Implement Sci. 2009; 4: 67
- Readiness of SNAP-Ed implementers to incorporate policy, systems, and environmental approaches into programming.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2021; 53: 751-758
The Pew Charitable Trusts. The State of Philadelphians Living in Poverty, 2019. The Pew Charitable Trusts; 2019.https://www.pewtrusts.org/-/media/assets/2019/05/state_of_poverty.pdf. Accessed June 10, 2022.
The School District of Philadelphia District Performance Office. District enrollment and demographics.https://www.philasd.org/performance/programsservices/open-data/school-information/#district_enrollment. Accessed June 10, 2022.
- Case Study Research in Practice.SAGE Publications, 2009
- Case Study Research: Design and Methods.5th ed. SAGE Publications, 2014
- Five misunderstandings about case-study research.Qual Inq. 2006; 12: 219-245
- Learning the Craft of Qualitative Research Interviewing.3rd ed. SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA2014
- Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Method Approaches.3rd ed. SAGE Publications, 2009
- Writing Ethnographic Fieldnotes.2nd ed. University of Chicago Press, 2011
- Qualitative Research in Education: A User's Guide.3rd ed. SAGE Publications, 2013
- Measuring nominal scale agreement among many raters.Psychol Bull. 1971; 76: 378-382
- The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data.Biometrics. 1977; 33: 159-174
- Member checking: a tool to enhance trustworthiness or merely a nod to validation?.Qual Health Res. 2016; 26: 1802-1811
Lincoln Y, Guba EG. Naturalistic Inquiry. SAGE Publications; 1985.
- Thick description: toward an interpretive theory of culture.in: Oakes T Price PL The Cultural Geography Reader. 1st ed. Routledge, 2008: 29-39
- The SNAP-Ed evaluation framework: demonstrating the impact of a national framework for obesity prevention in low-income populations.Transl Behav Med. 2019; 9: 970-979
- Influencing healthful food choices in school and home environments: results from the TEENS study.Prev Med. 2006; 43: 8-13
Dymnicki A, Wandersman A, Osher D, Grigorescu V, Huang L. Willing, able, ready: basics and policy implications of readiness as a key component for implementation of evidence-based interventions. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, Office of Human Services Policy, US Department of Health and Human Services; 2014.https://aspe.hhs.gov/reports/willing-able-ready-basics-policy-implications-readiness-key-component-implementation-evidence-based. Accessed March 6, 2023.
- Process evaluation of a policy, systems, and environmental change intervention in an urban school district.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2019; 51: 307-317
- Identifying indicators of readiness and capacity for implementing farm-to-school interventions.J Sch Health. 2019; 89: 373-381
- Readiness for organizational change: the systematic development of a scale.J Appl Behav Sci. 2007; 43: 232-255
- Low aerobic fitness and obesity are associated with lower standardized test scores in children.J Pediatr. 2010; 156 (718.e1): 711-718
- The relationship between student health and academic performance: implications for school psychologists.Sch Psychol Int. 2015; 36: 115-134
- The relationship between relative weight and school attendance among elementary schoolchildren.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2007; 15: 2157-2161
- Diet, breakfast, and academic performance in children.Ann Nutr Metab. 2002; 46: 24-30
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors have not stated any conflicts of interest.